StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PPO<< >>Post Follow-up
newskate
29 posts
msg #27308
Ignore newskate
7/11/2003 9:08:23 AM

I've heard suggested that PPO is a better indicator than MACD. I've seen MACD charts with histograms. Stockcharts has the same for PPO. The filter creater here has PPO but not the signal line or histogram that I've been able to find (unlike MACD which has them).

Am I missing something, or doesn't someone have a way to generate these curves?

Stephen

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #27336
Ignore karennma
7/13/2003 9:25:09 AM

Hi Stephen:
Welcome to SF!!
WHERE did u find PPO. HOW do I get there. I used SF's PPO last year, but now I can't find it.
Thanks.
karenb

newskate
29 posts
msg #27340
Ignore newskate
7/13/2003 10:14:41 AM

Hi Karen,

I believe Percent Price Osc is the PPO - I've found typing either seems to work. The first way I found Percent..... was to start from SF home page, the hit CREATE in the filter box to the right - the indicators are listed below on the next screen.

Stephen

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #27341
Ignore karennma
7/13/2003 10:32:03 AM

Steve:
Piece of cake. Here goes:

PPO crossed above 0 within the last 2 days and volume is above 500000

newskate
29 posts
msg #27344
Ignore newskate
7/13/2003 3:55:03 PM

Hi Karen, how's Norma? Just kidding!

I get the PPO filter, can you generate the signal line and histogram?

Stephen

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27376
Ignore rrochon
7/15/2003 3:18:08 PM

It looks like PPO crosses 0, going down, the same time that MACD changes direction, going up. I'm not sure that it is any better an indicator than MACD, but it is easier to see when PPO crosses 0. Sometimes MACD levels out for awhile before it changes directions, and maybe PPO would catch a few % before MACD gave you a distinct signal.

Do you find this true also?

Dick

newskate
29 posts
msg #27389
Ignore newskate
7/15/2003 10:01:16 PM

Hi Dick,

I've not found PPO to corelate to anything reliably yet but I've not looked to hard either. If I find a trail I try to follow it till it grows cold and I learn all I can - PPO seemed like a good trail but it may have ended too soon. Stockcharts.com has PPO (9,2,9) for example, and a PPO histogram - all very similar to MACD - they also mention that PPO seems to be more sensitive than MACD. But I cannot find that much info here - unless I create it with some fancy filter programming - but as of yet, I'm not that smart!

Stephen

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PPO<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.