StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Option Filter : any profitable improvement ideas<< >>Post Follow-up
apebearbull
10 posts
msg #157109
Ignore apebearbull
6/29/2021 8:02:04 PM

just a basic option filter, what can we do improve to find more profitable options based one current market condition

Fetcher[
Select stocks where close is between 1 and 50 and stocks are optionable
and draw MA(50)
and market is not OTCBB
and market is not ETF
and Volume Above 1000000

]

xarlor
562 posts
msg #157110
Ignore xarlor
6/29/2021 8:53:17 PM

Here is a neutral options filter (Iron Condor, Iron Butterfly, Short Straddle, Short Strangle).

Disclaimer: You will lose money with options if you don't know what you're doing. Not financial advice. Trading options can and will likely lead to losses.

Fetcher[
market is not etf
optionable
close > 10
average volume(30) > 1234567

Price touched center linear regression line(60)

add column LRS(60)
add column upper
add column lower
LRS(60) between 0.0009 and -0.0009

set{upper,high 60 day high}
set{lower,low 60 day low}
draw price line at upper on plot close
draw price line at lower on plot close
]

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157113
Ignore Cheese
6/29/2021 9:37:22 PM

xarlor

noob question (I'm not trading options)

Why do you call it an options filter or a neutral options filter ?
Can it be used for stocks ?

Thanks.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #157117
Ignore snappyfrog
6/30/2021 11:21:34 AM

Any profitable stock scan can be used for trading options.

BUT one first must understand the Greeks along with strike prices and dates (weekly / monthly).

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157118
Ignore Cheese
6/30/2021 11:28:39 AM

snappyfrog 6/30/2021 11:21:34 AM
Any profitable stock scan can be used for trading options.
BUT one first must understand the Greeks along with strike prices and dates (weekly / monthly).

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/Option-Filter-any-profitable-improvement-ideas/157109
===========================================================================

Thank you very much, snappy.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #157130
Ignore xarlor
6/30/2021 8:26:15 PM

Cheese, a neutral options strategy wins when the underlying stock stays in its current range, i.e. neutral. You don't want the stock to rise too much nor drop too low, but instead stay within the two prices determined by the break even points. They are also known as non-directional strategies.

The filter I posted shows you the range those stocks are trading in. The filter returns stocks that are right at the midpoint of the existing range, which is the best time to enter a neutral strategy.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157132
Ignore Cheese
6/30/2021 9:10:01 PM

xarlor 6/30/2021 8:26:15 PM

Cheese, a neutral options strategy wins when the underlying stock stays in its current range, i.e. neutral. You don't want the stock to rise too much nor drop too low, but instead stay within the two prices determined by the break even points. They are also known as non-directional strategies.

The filter I posted shows you the range those stocks are trading in. The filter returns stocks that are right at the midpoint of the existing range, which is the best time to enter a neutral strategy.

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/Option-Filter-any-profitable-improvement-ideas/157109/99999
==================================================================================

Thank you very much, xarlor.
I've learned something new.

apebearbull
10 posts
msg #157153
Ignore apebearbull
7/5/2021 4:26:52 PM

hello xarlor,
Thanks for the Neutral filter, filter not pulling any tickers so far. any idea why?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Option Filter : any profitable improvement ideas<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.