StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New here: What is your screen you bet money on?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
corsino
259 posts
msg #35693
Ignore corsino
4/21/2005 9:50:30 PM

BJerrells
My address is:
colefk@juno.com

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #35694
Ignore judgetrade
4/22/2005 3:05:13 AM

corsino,

I tested your filter:

Show stocks where RSI(2)is less than 1 and
average volume(10)is above 300000 and
close is between 0.5 and 3 and
close is more than 10 % below close 1 day ago

4 Days maximum hold, 25% Stop Loss -->

04/22/2005 12/31/2003 06/29/2004 69% 27% 2.58:1 8.11 735.75%

Very Nice!

Andreas

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #35695
Ignore judgetrade
4/22/2005 3:08:43 AM

APYM -10% (still open) went to +2% in just one day!
It is really amazing what RSI2 low can do for you!

Once again: I wished I would have found this comunity earlier!

wallman
299 posts
msg #35696
Ignore wallman
4/22/2005 7:16:02 AM

Judge,to me it's also amazing what RSI(2)can do and before it was given to me via HG/TheRumpledOne i had traded for almost 40yrs and seen what i thought was every indicator/method under the sun but for me and how i've learned to work it nothing has ever come close ... BTW, Low RSI(2)not only works great as a tool for finding celler dwellers ready to pop but High RSI(2)i've found to be a great tool for finding great momentum driven stocks that very often become UBB "walkers" for days and in some cases weeks,although i have never found it necessary to go short there is also a really good way RSI(2)can be used to find very nice shorting candidates,imo truely an amazing versitile tool and as always my thanks go out to HG/TheRump for sharing with me

MrBid
16 posts
msg #35697
Ignore MrBid
4/22/2005 8:53:53 AM

Sorry,
but what do you mean by 'UBB "walkers"' ????

Have you succeeded to create a filter using RSI2 for shorting ?

corsino
259 posts
msg #35699
Ignore corsino
4/22/2005 9:17:01 AM

Judgetrade
Well, It is not really "my filter". It is just a combination of parameters that others have used before. I just eliminated some parameters that didn't seem to add anything to the results and used some that seemed to help. I read that the "backbone" of it, RSI (2), originated with either the Rumpled One or HG, but that was before my time on this forum, so I can't be sure.
Although the filter seems to give good results on paper, the hard part is converting paper results to reality.

leaddog
38 posts
msg #35708
Ignore leaddog
4/22/2005 8:41:49 PM

corsino:

I started trading using this filter this week and have made money. I traded these and the results ALTI 10%, MCZ 19%, PPTI -4%, MAMA 3%, and SAMC 7%.

I am quite happy with the results. RSI(2) with the other filter elements ROCKS!

leaddog
38 posts
msg #35709
Ignore leaddog
4/22/2005 8:45:11 PM

Oh, if I would have been smarter on the exits the results would have been better as well.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35710
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/23/2005 1:57:16 AM

For the record, the full credit for originating RSI(2), as far as I know, goes to HolyGrail (HG). HG taught me RSI(2) and Linear Regression. I am just better at explaining it and programming than HG. Trust me, it wasn't easy learning from HG. HG is a mad genuis. One of those people whose minds work so fast they never complete a thought before moving on to the next. I had to take notes and ask a lot of questions before I got it. Not to mention trying to get HG to finish one thought, it's not easy...lol

I worked with HG and JohnSpain in developing a system to get the low RSI(2) stocks BEFORE someone told me about StockFetcher.

After learning StockFecher, I used my programming skills to expand on the original RSI(2) idea.

To use RSI(2) for shorting, all one need do is wait for NEGATIVE DIVERGENCE between price and RSI(2). The stock will drop like a rock after that occurs.

If you think RSI(2) works well on the Daily and Weekly charts. Try it on a 60 minute chart... Look at GOOG and AAPL this week and you'll see!!

So far, not matter what filter I or others have written, RSI(2) ALWAYS gives a heads up BEFORE the other filter. RSI(2) < 1 or an RSI(2) low followed by Positive Divergence is hard to beat.

I posted my latest RSI(2) < 1 filter on the RSI(2) THE LITTLE INDICATOR THAT COULD thread here in SF. This filter clearly shows that IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE BUT HOW YOU TRADE IT. The reason I say that is after you run the filter and look at the charts you will see that if you WAITED FOR GREEN (Thanks Wallman aka Muddy), you would rake it in everytime! That's trading!!

One last thing... trading and betting are NOT the same.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

corsino
259 posts
msg #35716
Ignore corsino
4/23/2005 7:37:20 PM

leaddog
Glad you made some profits. It's almost impossible to make the maximum profits, but every little bit helps.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New here: What is your screen you bet money on?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.