StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need a filter that will find intraday linear growth with low volatility<< >>Post Follow-up
ekamberov
4 posts
msg #151314
Ignore ekamberov
3/20/2020 12:03:31 AM

Hi all, I need a filter that will find stocks that grow steadily intraday with low volatility, such as, for example Triplepoint Venture Growth BDC Corp NYSE: TPVG on March 19th, 2020 ( sorry, not sure how to imbed an image for illustration). This baby climbed from $3 to $8 in one day with almost perfectly linear intraday curve. I will appreciate if someone can help with a filter or point me to an existing one. I believe we can all benefit from this.

Cheers, Emmanuel

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151326
Ignore xarlor
3/20/2020 12:59:27 PM

StockFetcher does not have intraday data. The shortest time frame to run filters is daily.

ekamberov
4 posts
msg #151330
Ignore ekamberov
3/20/2020 2:41:31 PM

Hi Xarlor, thank you so much for your reply! I thought there were delayed data feed updates during the trading session or am I mistaken? Although this wouldn't be a real-time exercise, do you think a filter like this is possible to spot the described trend albeit with a delay? If SF can't do it, can you think of another tool that can?

Really appreciate your feedback,

Emmanuel

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151335
Ignore xarlor
3/20/2020 10:13:08 PM

It's possible in ThinkorSwim. I'm sure other brokers have their own tools that can do it too though I'm not familiar with them.

ekamberov
4 posts
msg #151339
Ignore ekamberov
3/21/2020 5:50:57 AM

Xarlor, really appreciate your great help! Please forgive my my lack of knowledge as I am very new to this. So, would you use Percent Change in Stock Hacker and somehow set up a Rate of Change function?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151357
Ignore karennma
3/22/2020 8:46:20 AM

@ ekamberov,
Re: "This baby climbed from $3 to $8 in one day with almost perfectly linear intraday curve."
=========================================================================

Someone here recently posted a filter like that.
I remember when I clicked the post, all the stocks had gapped up at least 50% and they were all penny stocks.
Maybe CHEESE or someone else can find the post.

Please keep in mind that such a filter shows you historical movement.
No filter (on SF) predicts such movement.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #151362
Ignore Cheese
3/22/2020 11:32:45 AM

I'm not sure that was me. Maybe xarlor, JoeyVinyl or kossvet.

ekamberov
4 posts
msg #151364
Ignore ekamberov
3/22/2020 4:55:22 PM

Thank you so much for your input guys, I am not talking about stocks gapping up but rather stocks in a state of a steady linear growth throughout the day (or at least a good part of the day). Also, not looking to predict this behavior but to catch it up after the markets open, even if there was a delay of 20 - 30 min. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers, Emmanuel

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need a filter that will find intraday linear growth with low volatility<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.