StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Ichimoku charting<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #61766
Ignore chetron
modified
4/24/2008 8:52:32 AM

my streamlined version of the ichimoku filter.....

the ma50 and ma200 are the cloud

the rest you should figure.

i think the dma is overrated

Fetcher[

/* TACHIKAWA */

MA(8) ABOVE MA(21)
MA(21) > MA(50)
MA(50) > MA(200)
CLOSE > 1
VOLUME > 1000000

]

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #73727
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
4/20/2009 11:15:50 PM

Alright...so here's Niko's/Ludo's efforts stripped down to show the basic appearance of the Ichimoku chart (without the leading cloud, of course). NOTE: Ludo had used an unconventional parameter and it didn't jibe with the traditional Ichi parameters...I've used the traditional below.

Fetcher[
/* Ichimuko layout*/

/*Tenkan-Sen*/
set{diff9TS, high 9 day high + low 9 day low}
set{TS, diff9tS / 2}
draw TS on plot price

/*Kijun-Sen*/
set{diff26KS, high 26 day high + low 26 day low}
set{KS, diff26KS / 2}
draw KS on plot price

/*Chikou Span*/
set{CS, DMA(1,-26)}
draw CS on plot price

/*Senkou Span A*/
set{SSA1, TS + KS}
set{SSA2, SSA1 / 2}
set{SSA, SSA2 26 days ago}
draw SSA on plot price

/*Senkou Span B*/
set{SSB1, high 52 day high + low 52 day low}
set{SSB2, SSB1 / 2}
set{SSB, SSB2 52 days ago}
draw SSB on plot price
]

So what would make this useful is at least 2 things:

1) How do we get the leading cloud to display in SF? The shifting backwards seems to work, but can the elements that need to be projected forward (i.e., the Senkou Spans A and B) be displayed on essentially what amounts to a blank part of the chart at the right edge?

2) Can the area between SSA and SSB be shaded? And if so, can it be shaded depending upon other criteria's orientation? In other words, can the area between SSA and SSB be shaded green (for example) when the SSA is above the SSB...and shaded red (for example, again) when the SSA is below the SSB? This is a visual aid that'd make these charts a bit more user friendly.

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #73728
Ignore FuriousThug
4/20/2009 11:21:20 PM

sorry...the SSB parameter has been corrected in the above

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73729
Ignore alf44
4/21/2009 12:04:26 AM

FuriousThug...I think what you're saying is...

...we want StockFetcher to give us Ichimoku charts...

...LIKE THIS :

--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

Make it happen SF...come on...you can do it !

Regards,

alf44

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #73730
Ignore FuriousThug
4/21/2009 1:54:03 AM

...what Alf said.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73782
Ignore alf44
4/22/2009 4:36:04 PM

Attention StockFetcher !

I originally started a thread --> StockFetcher we have MAs, EMAs, DMAs, CMAs, CEMAs...

...over in the General Discussion side of the Forums section in an effort to gain your attention and...hopefully your help... wrt ADDING the Ichimoku Indictor here at StockFetcher. I started THAT (other) thread without knowing that THIS thread existed...and that this "Ichimoku" topic had already been discussed (some time ago) by others here. I have no way of knowing whether you are reading EITHER thread...but...IF you are you have certainly been annoyingly silent on the whole matter.

Now...if you are aware of the request by myself and others to include "Ichimoku" here at SF...and are working night and day to make that happen...you are forgiven. I fully understand wanting to get it perfect before rolling it out. LOL

If...on the other hand, you are purposely ignoring the request, hoping "it" will just go away...well...that wouldn't be cool now would it ? In fact, that would be downright...well...rude. imo

The request for Ichimoku is a perfectly reasonable one and it shouldn't be too much to ask to at least get some kind of reply from StockFetcher.

I have been a sub here for many years...in that time I have made many feature requests...I would be hard pressed to think of a single one that you guys have not responded to and for the most part...implemented.
I hope that this request will be no different.

I look forward to your reply ! tia

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73823
Ignore alf44
modified
4/24/2009 9:15:36 AM

Just an FYI for those of us who were hopeful we might get Ichimoku here at StockFetcher...

--------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. At this time we do not have plans to add
special charting displays for the Ichimoku charting that you mention.
However, if we are able to add this specific chart feature, we will be
sure to send you an update.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to send us
an email.

StockFetcher.com Support
Vestyl Software, L.L.C.

------------------------------------------

That was the reply from SF to an Email I sent them !

So...I guess that puts to rest the notion that Ichimoku might be coming...at least in the near future.

While that's disappointing...I appreciate the reply from StockFetcher and hope they will at least keep it in their list of possibilities.

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73913
Ignore alf44
modified
4/28/2009 9:36:14 PM

...out of necessity (since we don't have Ichimoku here at SF) ...

I have been tweaking some of the "crude" versions of this thing (previously posted in this thread). I gotta say, the more I play around...the more charts I look at...the more I'm starting to like it.

But...as they ARE "crude approximations"...they leave alot to be desired !

It's just a damn crying shame that StockFetcher can't get behind this method !

This would / could be a really nice addition here at SF !

Hope you reconsider, StockFetcher !!!

Regards,

alf44

jay_towns
11 posts
msg #76899
Ignore jay_towns
7/27/2009 3:40:03 PM

I agree. I'm trying to find a filter where the chikou/lagging span is at the candlestick. Any ideas?

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #76900
Ignore johnpaulca
7/27/2009 4:03:39 PM

Vestyl Software L.L.C.
P.O. Box 823
Blue Ridge, VA
24064-0823
phone: 888.489.9672

Info: info@vestyl.com
Support: support@vestyl.com
Sales: sales@vestyl.com

StockFetcher.com
Support: support@stockfetcher.com
Info: sales@stockfetcher.com

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Ichimoku charting<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.