StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How To Search for MA(20), MA(50), MA(100), MA(200) Cross Over<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
cegis
235 posts
msg #36037
Ignore cegis
5/18/2005 12:51:38 PM

I figgered ya did! Really just mentioned it for others, and as a lead-in to the technique...

C

dltharpe
10 posts
msg #149002
Ignore dltharpe
8/27/2019 10:02:57 PM

almost 15 years later...seriously old thread but I'm looking for the same thing with 3 MA's and I don't think this original question was ever answered so I'll try describing it.
this will be the bullish version
this is about three MA's converging and crossing or at least touching within a 2, to no more than 3 day period and then diverging with the fastest MA on top and the slowest on the bottom. Before the convergence I'm not real worried about what it looks like but preferably a very narrow range, practically doji's would be the perfect set up but its very rare. about 4-5 days of divergence, the distance from the middle to the top MA line should start run parallel-ish to and be about the same distance as the middle line is to the bottom line. what you end up with, about 3-4 days after the convergence is basically three lines MA running parallel like an "O" guage railroad track
I cant seem to figure this out and I've been trying to get it for 2 years.
anything even close would be helpful
This is about the closest I've come and it isn't right....:
show stocks where MA(9) is less than .5% above the MA(14)
and MA(14) is less than .5% above MA(24)
and MA(9) is above MA(24)
and low is above ma(9)

four
5,087 posts
msg #149005
Ignore four
modified
8/28/2019 12:10:01 AM

Fetcher[
low > 20
volume > 263123
optionable
/* Packed 3 averages inside candle */
close 2 days ago > ma(9) 2 days ago
close 2 days ago > ma(14) 2 days ago
close 2 days ago > ma(24) 2 days ago
open 2 days ago < ma(9) 2 days ago
open 2 days ago < ma(14) 2 days ago
open 2 days ago < ma(24) 2 days ago
/* Then averages start to spread */
ma(9) > ma(14)
ma(14) > ma(24)
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How To Search for MA(20), MA(50), MA(100), MA(200) Cross Over<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.