StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Holy Grail<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
risjr
229 posts
msg #27087
Ignore risjr
6/26/2003 12:34:26 PM

I don't know why a high number of people are slamming Holy Grail? I, for one, have back tested his 30 day filter, and it is probably the best filter to date for a bull market. It produces a high number of returns, with a high percentage as well.

These filters are extremely volatile, but with tight stops, and close monitoring of the 30 minute and one hour bars at prophet.net, I've done over 30% over the last 3 weeks. Until the bear reared it's ugly head! I think he has contributed immensely to this board. I don't see awhole lot of other people volunteering information. Muddy, and a few others, along with the SF staff have been most helpful!

I'm working with the BB's, and trying to develop my own filters. But I'll ask Holy Grail, I've tryed reversing your filter to 98 like you said, but have not been getting your the BIG RED NUMBERS I know you can produce! Your help is appreciated by us new guys!

You have your supportors Holy Grail! Alot of people here do appreciate your input! I'm one of them!

Let's encourage folks, not attack!!

Good Trading

Ron

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27089
Ignore rrochon
6/26/2003 3:57:08 PM

I have asked for the EXACT filter a number of times, but have not seen it yet. Since I cannot get an answer from Holygrail, what about you? Will you please post it exacly as you word it?

I would love to paper trade it awhile to see for myself.

Backtesting is a good tool, but the proof is in the forward testing.

Dick

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #27182
Ignore karennma
7/4/2003 8:54:51 PM

Hi Dick:
Show stocks where Close gained more than 20 percent over the last 4 weeks and Average Volume(5) is above 50000 and the rsi(2) is below 70 and the rsi(2) has crossed above rsi(3) and close is between 0.01 and 1.0 and the historic volitilty(5) is above 70

;>)
karenb

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27185
Ignore holygrail
7/4/2003 9:47:45 PM

For the record this is NOT Holygrail.. this is his trading buddy.

His method is very simple... So simple most people don't believe it.

I have been looking at many filters here and have only found 2 that compare so far.

One is:

Show stocks where +DI(14) is above 20 and Average Volume(10) is above Average Volume(20) and Average Volume(10) is above 500000 and close above .09

The other is Muddy's BB:

SHOW STOCKS WHERE CLOSE HAS BEEN DECREASING OVER THE LAST 3 DAYS AND AVERAGE VOLUME(90)IS ABOVE 100,000 AND CLOSE PRICE IS BETWEEN 1 AND 10 AND PRICE TOUCHED LOWER BOLLINGER BAND(20)

You may recogize them.

Holygrail's filter is simply:

rsi(2) below 1 and close above 0.09 and Average Volume(10) is above 500000 and 30 day slope of the lri(60) is above 0.25 and low near Bottom linear Regression Line(60)

We buy stocks that have bottomed and are ready to bounce. It is that simple. The RSI(2) x RSI(3) is just a wrinkle for safer entries for the less experienced traders. And all the other indicators are just tweaks... But I have shown you the fundamental filter. Forget about backtesting. Just look at a chart of a stock and see what happens when RSI(2) < 1% and/or the price is at the Lower Linear Regression line. Backtesting, at this time, does not take in consideration that I may have SOLD BEFORE the price dropped later in the day. Just check the charts from the filter. Here are the chart settings we use:

Draw Linear Regression Channel(60) and Draw EMA(6) and Draw EMA(13) and Draw EMA(26) and Draw RSI(2) and Draw RSI(3)

I also use a 90 day chart at www.prophet.net.

Holygrail and I also use esignal for daytrading. Once again, Holygrail's method is simple and most don't believe or accept. All we use is RSI(10) and Linear regression. That's it.

Now... you have to remember YOUR objectives may not be the same as ours.

My objective is to compound my portfolio by 2% or more per day. I DO NOT look at the dollars, I look at the percent gains.

Holygrail has a tendency to make friends/enemies whenever he posts. But I know this... he told me to buy chtr, sons, rbak, and dyn last October and to trade them daily. Look at the results.

Stockfetcher has reduced our scanning time from hours to seconds.

I hope this helps. I have given you EVERYTHING. There is nothing more. It really IS that simple.

wallman
299 posts
msg #27188
Ignore wallman
7/4/2003 10:22:45 PM

HI HG trading buddy,thanks for including my filter in your "best",it's what you say that keeping it simple is what i have tried to get through to folks for years,find it and do it,your main method may differ from mine but there's plenty of $ to go around for both of us,best of luck in the future,and thanks for your posts........MUDDY

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #27193
Ignore karennma
7/5/2003 9:05:26 AM

Holygrail's buddy & others:
lri(60)? LRI?? What is that? Never heard of it.

rsi(2) below 1 and close is between 0.10 and 2 and Average Volume(10) is above 500000 and 30 day slope of the lri(60) is above 0.25 and low near Bottom linear Regression Line(60)

Is there a typo here? I'm not getting many pics.

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27198
Ignore holygrail
7/5/2003 2:14:45 PM

LRI - Linear Regression Indicator

Not getting many picks? How many do you want? It only take ONE good trading stock to make you rich!

This is the reason Holygrail makes "enemies". People want MORE. There is no more. They don't accept what has been given to them. They want to argue and debate. People claim to be "hungry". Holygrail has prepared a "feast". Yet few, if any, eat.

Like I said before, Holygrail told me in October 2002 to trades SONS, DYN ,FNSR, CHTR and RBAK. Go look at the charts. The charts don't lie.

I don't think you will be hearing from us again.

adrianf
49 posts
msg #27201
Ignore adrianf
7/5/2003 5:26:17 PM

So let me get this straight. You bought some stocks in October,2002 and they went up in price and you made some profit.

Everyone on this board probably bought some stocks in October,2002 and made some money.

I bought OAKT,CMTO,DYN,PWER,and made money.

What does that have to do with the present??

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #27210
Ignore karennma
7/5/2003 8:09:08 PM

AdrianF:
I tried that filter again, and got NO pics. Even backtested a few dates.
:>(
Did U get any . . at all? Even one?
karenb

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27211
Ignore holygrail
7/5/2003 8:46:36 PM

Try above 0 instead of .25

rsi(2) below 1 and close is between 0.10 and 2 and Average Volume(10) is above 500000 and 30 day slope of the lri(60) is above 0 and low near Bottom linear Regression Line(60)

For the record, this is NOT Holygrail, this is his trading buddy.

p.s. If a filter returns no picks perhaps it is telling you to wait!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Holy Grail<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.