StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66265
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/16/2008 9:44:44 AM

RIGGS, you can play(trade) with yourself. Since I have posted what I trade and how I trade, you can pretend you are me and trade the way I do.

Anyone who has been following FADE THE GAP for years knows how profitable this is just trading AAPL. I don't need to keep looking for new stocks to trade because I know HOW TO TRADE.

Furthermore, I know that some stocks are better than others for each style of trading. That's what my filters are designed for - the style of trading.

FADE THE GAP is for INCOME PRODUCTION not investment.

RUN FOREST, RUN is for AGRESSIVE GROWTH.

Riggs, please take your medications.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #66292
Ignore guru_trader
8/16/2008 6:38:25 PM

@Riggs: "Look at the candle at 12:20PM 11/13/08." ... you guys have to stop advancing the clocks on your computers ... you're messing up the markets for us amateurs!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #66304
Ignore luc1grunt
8/17/2008 7:24:44 AM

Avery, no need to explain yourself to the antagonist.

He lies about everything as evidenced by a few simple scans of his threads.

Marine...whatever.

Teacher....whatever.

Trading contest posted live....he will never submit.

Elder/DMA/OBV.......LOL. Yeah, he is an expert, ha!

Now I will smile as I await a quick-witted (tongue in cheek) response from this clown.

And yes riggsy, I have now met you. Think about it.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #66305
Ignore luc1grunt
8/17/2008 7:27:00 AM

And by the way...............why did he delete his post in a 3rd grade fit of temper? Because he is a child. Marine, still laughing at his claims.

No honor, no integrity, no humility.....quiet warrior my ass. Sorry sparky, you do not fit the bill.

De Oppresso Liber my little friend.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66325
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/17/2008 9:35:41 PM

Let's see if Avery actually READS this, this time....I'll show ya "INCOME PRODUCTION" and "AGRESSIVE GROWTH" jack!

=======================================================

Well, after muddling through all the different veiws, advice, and responces...I came away with one common denomintor, and they were the words and phrases "simple," "easy," and the ever popular..."how you trade it!" Well, since the spirit of this thread is all about adolescent trading, I decided to steer all of you in the RIGHT direction!

I strongly urge you to forget all the crap that the author of this thread has taught you, and pay close attention to what I'M going to teach you. Since this thread is a collection of gullible newbies (outside of a few), I will go at a speed you all can understand, and at the same time, profit at the most high.

Again, the author of this thread has failed you in the sense that, trading is actually one of the HARDEST things you will EVER overcome, until you get tired of losing $money$, sleep, & headaches! Eventually with time, you can overcome most of it. So, with all that said, let's get started....

Since all of you have been taught 1st grade trading 101 by a used car salesman, I'm going to have to take you up a grade, and hope you can keep up with a trading PROFESSIONAL!

LESSON # 1.

Daytraders! Never trade against the market! Pull up your 5-day 10-minute charts, (your crayons) and load up OBV, Bollinger Bands(10,2), Linear Regression Indicator(20), and a 100% channel LRC-60 (your coloring books). Now enter the symbol (SPY). Do you see where the S&P 500 on 8/13/08, hit the bottom of the channel? Do you also see the level of OBV? More importantly, do you see where it came from on 8/11/08 when it hit the top of the channel? Are you seeing how this works so far? Pretty "simple" so far huh? Look at the candle at 12:20PM 11/13/08. Do you see how your BB(10) is clearly wrapped UNDER price? Do you also see how your LRI(20) is UNDER price and heading up? THAT'S YOUR BOTTOM!...and that's how you find it! But it all begins with ON BALANCE VOLUME (OBV). That will be your guiding light throughout this lesson.

LESSON # 2.

Now that you have found your bottom in the market, it's time to find the right stocks that have ALSO "bottomed." Whenever you are dealing with the S&P 500, you need to know the right industries that make it move up and down. When the S&P is at the BOTTOM of a channel, you need to start looking for Airlines, Retail, Big Banks, Healthcare, (Drugs & Bio's) and Technology. Then look on their respective ETF's for bottoms around the same timeframs. In the spirit of the ABC's of daytrading, let's then start with (A)irlines...shall we? Notice the EXACT same bottom on the $XAL that you see on the EXACT same timeframe with the SPY? Coincidence? NEVER! Now start looking at the fastest movers in the Airlines industry. They are as follows in again, alphabetical order (ABC's)....

ALK, AMR, CAL, DAL, FDX, LUV, NWA, RYAAY, UPS, and UTIW.

Notice your levels of OBV, and "WHERE THEY CAME FROM." Now since 8/13/08 look what this crappy industry has done in three days. They ALL increased a whole $1, if not $2! And all you had to do was follow the market (S&P). Look at Retail, healthcare, Banks etc....it's the same song and dance people. Nothing more, nothing less. Can THIS be any easier? No friggin' "gaps to fill", no exiting when you only made .10 on the dollar, no doing this "10 times-a-day," and no more..."IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT" mumbo jumbo! Geeze....

LESSON # 3.

Reverse lessons 1 & 2 for incredible "Shorting" opportunities! As easy as "ABC" and 1-2-3....

=======================================================

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66337
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/18/2008 4:14:09 AM

Let's get things back on track.

Fetcher[
/* gap fill statistics */

set{Xgapped, open - close 1 day ago}
set{Xgapup, count(Xgapped > 0, 1)}
set{Xgapdn, count(Xgapped < 0, 1)}

set{absgap, abs(Xgapped)}

set{gappedup100, count(Xgapup > 0, 100)}
set{gappeddn100, count(Xgapdn > 0, 100)}

set{cl1lo, close 1 day ago - low}
set{hicl1, high - close 1 day ago }

set{fillup, count(cl1lo > 0, 1)}
set{filldn, count(hicl1 > 0, 1)}

set{gapupfilled, Xgapup * fillup }
set{gapdnfilled, Xgapdn * filldn }

set{gapup100f, count(gapupfilled > 0, 100)}
set{gapdn100f, count(gapdnfilled > 0, 100)}

set{gapfilled, gapup100f + gapdn100f}

/* DRAW PLOTS */

DRAW XGAPPED ON PLOT XGAPPED

/* DISPLAY COLUMNS */

and add column gappedup100
and add column gappeddn100
and add column gapfilled
and add column gapup100f
and add column gapdn100f

and add column cma(absgap, 100)
and add column absgap 100 day high
and add column absgap 100 day low

/* SELECTION CRITERIA */

CLOSE ABOVE 40
AVERAGE VOLUME(30) ABOVE 1000000

/* SORT CRITERIA */

SORT COLUMN 7 DESCENDING
]

column gappedup100 - # OF TIMES GAPPED UP OVER THE LAST 100 DAYS

column gappeddn100 - # OF TIMES GAPPED DOWN OVER THE LAST 100 DAYS

column gapfilled - # OF TIMES FILLED THE GAP

column gapup100f - # OF TIMES FILLED THE GAP UP

column gapdn100f - # OF TIMES FILLED THE GAP DOWN

column cma(absgap, 100) - AVERAGE GAP OVER THE LAST 100 DAYS

column absgap 100 day high - 100 DAY GAP HIGH

column absgap 100 day low - 100 DAY GAP LOW

The odds are in your favor if you "fade the gap". Stocks that fill the gap over 80% of the time are "cows ready for milking".

Just set your profit target slightly less than the gap and it's almost a "lock". Or trade it for even more profit. This is about as simple as it gets.

Remember, this just counts the fills... You can even make money if the gap doesn't fill all the way!

Please note that NO INDICATORS were harmed in the creation of this filter :)

MAY ALL YOUR (GAP) FILLS BE COMPLETE...LOL!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66338
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/18/2008 4:14:38 AM

a google search for:

fade the gap stock trading

Results 1 - 10 of about 50,400 for fade the gap stock trading. (0.23 seconds)

Too bad the gap between Riggs' ears will never be filled!!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66348
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
8/18/2008 9:00:55 AM

Hi "Alf!"...8^ )

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66349
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/18/2008 9:13:26 AM

FADING THE GAP traders are usually done with trading in 30 - 60 minutes. They take their profit quickly.

I have NO IDEA where Riggs got the idea you have to make 10 or 40 trades a day with this method. Usually, only 1 or 2 trades per stock.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66350
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/18/2008 9:53:07 AM

*** WORK IN PROGRESS ***

Fetcher[
/* gap fill statistics - travel guide */

set{Xgapped, open - close 1 day ago}
set{Xgapup, count(Xgapped > 0, 1)}
set{Xgapdn, count(Xgapped < 0, 1)}

set{absgap, abs(Xgapped)}

set{gappedup100, count(Xgapup > 0, 100)}
set{gappeddn100, count(Xgapdn > 0, 100)}

set{cl1lo, close 1 day ago - low}
set{hicl1, high - close 1 day ago }

set{fillup, count(cl1lo > 0, 1)}
set{filldn, count(hicl1 > 0, 1)}

set{gapupfilled, Xgapup * fillup }
set{gapdnfilled, Xgapdn * filldn }

set{gapup100f, count(gapupfilled > 0, 100)}
set{gapdn100f, count(gapdnfilled > 0, 100)}

set{gapfilled, gapup100f + gapdn100f}

/* DRAW PLOTS */

DRAW XGAPPED ON PLOT XGAPPED

/* DISPLAY COLUMNS */

and add column gappedup100
and add column gappeddn100
and add column gapfilled
and add column gapup100f
and add column gapdn100f

and add column cma(absgap, 100)
and add column absgap 100 day high
and add column absgap 100 day low

set{xRange, high - low}
set{AvgRng, cma(xRange,5) }

set{HiOp, High - Open }
set{RunPCT, HiOp/open }
set{AvgRun5, cma(RunPCT,5) }
set{AvgRun20, cma(RunPCT,20) }

set{HiCl, High - Close }
set{PBPCT, HiCl/open }
set{AvgPB5, cma(PBPCT,5) }
set{AvgPB20, cma(PBPCT,20) }

set{ClLo, Close - low }
set{BouncePCT, ClLo/open }
set{AvgBounce5, cma(BouncePCT,5) }
set{AvgBounce20, cma(BouncePCT,20) }

set{OpLo, Open - low}
set{DropPCT, OpLo/open }
set{AvgDrop5, cma(DropPCT,5) }
set{AvgDrop20, cma(DropPCT,20) }

set{Green, count( close > open , 100)}

set{B10A, count(RunPCT > .10 , 100)}

set{A10A, count(RunPCT > .10 , 1)}
set{chg, sum( A10A - A10A 1 day ago ,5)}

and add column separator
add column RunPCT{R(today)}

add column PBPCT{P(today)}

add column DropPCT{D(today)}

add column BouncePCT{B(today)}

and add column separator
and add column AvgRun5
and add column AvgDrop5
and add column AvgBounce5
and add column AvgPB5
and add column AvgRun20
and add column AvgDrop20
and add column AvgBounce20
and add column AvgPB20

/* SELECTION CRITERIA */

CLOSE ABOVE 40
AVERAGE VOLUME(30) ABOVE 1000000
MARKET IS NASDAQ

/* SORT CRITERIA */

SORT COLUMN 7 DESCENDING
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.