StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A Nice Generic Filter That Works<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #27125
Ignore JoeGrossinger
6/29/2003 8:58:32 AM

In working with filters its easy to lose sight of what all of us are after.
A stock that goes up in price.
That seems obvious but most of us are looking for the magic oscillator or indicator to point us to the path of riches.
It don't exist.

This filter only considers price and volume, which are the only two true indicators as to what is going on with a stock.

The filter works well 168 days out as well as a short term indicator.
For 10 days or less duration don't get fixated with the performance numbers. Look at the 3 month charts instead. In fact, if you want to practice chart reading, this is an excellent filter for that as well.

Show stocks where close > MA(130)
And close reached a new 6 week high
And volume reached a new 124 day high

and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between 1 and 5

As with most things in life, simple is usually also best.
The number of hits per day is not very large although one can easily expand that list by expanding the prices one wants to work with.

However, I like stocks to be above their 130 MA in price and I like a nice increase in volume as the price increases. These are simple bullish indicators.

This filter will catch Bollinger Squeeze as well as many of the other sought after bullish conditions.

http://www.koliga.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

defghca
150 posts
msg #27128
Ignore defghca
6/29/2003 11:35:33 AM

Fetcher[ type your filter here]

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #27129
Ignore JoeGrossinger
6/29/2003 12:14:00 PM

Thanks defghca, but I prefer to post my filters exactly the way I post them.
Those that don't like that are free to pass on by.

zfetch
16 posts
msg #27130
Ignore zfetch
6/29/2003 1:57:28 PM

If you want to avoid running filter phrases together, filter links may include extra lines, to separate groups of filter phrases. If the target is a readable set of phrases, then use the extra spacing.
Keep posting as you want to; the following is intended only as an example.

Fetcher[
Show stocks where close is above MA(130)
And close reached a new 6 week high
And volume reached a new 124 day high

and average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between 1 and 5
]

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27164
Ignore rrochon
7/3/2003 2:36:17 AM

zfetch, How do you do that?

Dick

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A Nice Generic Filter That Works<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.