StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Site Changes (beta)<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124953
9/11/2015 11:18:20 AM

StockFetcher Users,

We are currently in the process of a site redesign and are seeking feedback on the Beta version now publicly available at the following address:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/beta

When browsing this beta version, please feel free to leave feedback by clicking the feedback icon at the lower right hand corner of your browser:

Among the goals for this redesign are:
- Improve the user interface and flow for MyFilters and Watchlists.
- Integrate modern web frameworks to simplify future development.
- Remove dependencies on the Adobe flash player
- Improve search

We still have a lot of work remaining so please let us know what you think.

Best Regards,
StockFetcher.com

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #124956
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/11/2015 8:00:51 PM

A visual redesign that really adds no added value or functionality for the user. It looks basically the same as before, so no big "WOW" from me on the work.

Meanwhile, you have ignored the dozens of members who expressed frustration and anger over removing the backtesting capability, and have made only marginal changes to the syntax in the last five years (still no ability to use if, and, or statements without having to do nested user functions).

You seem to have your own agenda and ignore lots of requests for upgrades with comments like "we will look into that" or "we have no plans to do that in the near future". If you paid attention to the requests made in the forums and took action on them when possible, you would likely be better off than making these cosmetic changes - this is basically a new coat of paint on an old car.

You wanted feedback. You got some.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124957
9/11/2015 10:44:56 PM

Thank you for the feedback! You are exactly right that we asked for feedback and appreciate your response.

We understand there are shortcomings of StockFetcher with respect to your particular needs, and we appreciate you letting us know of these issues so we can look into implementing them. We hope you understand that we may not be able to implement every feature you believe is lacking from StockFetcher.

Thank you again, and please keep the feedback and suggestions coming!

StockFetcher Support

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #124969
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/14/2015 6:32:37 AM

MACD without the Histogram. Just the fast line and slow line.

bka58
49 posts
msg #124978
Ignore bka58
9/14/2015 7:06:12 PM

Not a fan based upon what I see so far. Given a choice, I would rather have the current design.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124979
9/14/2015 7:12:50 PM

If possible, can you elaborate on what you do not like about the new layout? Any feedback or comments will help us understand the issues you are experiencing.

Thank you!
StockFetcher Support

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #124981
Ignore graftonian
9/14/2015 8:31:52 PM

sorely miss not having "if, and, or " functions. Would rather you spend the R & D funds on functionality, rather than aesthetics.

jemarcks
26 posts
msg #124984
Ignore jemarcks
9/14/2015 10:01:04 PM

I think you should focus on taking to heart the valuable suggestions made my numerous members to improve the programming language and save the GUI for LAST.
1. Better control flow statements. (if, then, else, case, while, do, etc.)
2. Use real assignment statements that can use multiple variables and ditch the set commend.
3. Give us a include statement like a real language.

I second all of what Kevin said.

Thanks!
Jeff

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124987
9/15/2015 6:35:01 AM

Thank you for the suggestions!

If you find there are any issues with the beta let us know as well. We plan on moving the site to the new user interface in the next few weeks.

Best Regards,
StockFetcher.com Support

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #124992
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/15/2015 12:25:30 PM

I knew the site was heading in that direction when I saw the post. Comments made one way or the other
would have made no difference as has been proved. I have no other comment except to say I have no comment
about the new GUI.

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Site Changes (beta)<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.