StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Earnings Question<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #134586
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
2/26/2017 12:35:10 AM

On a side note her broker wanted me to get in this stock ACIA in my small little IRA I have with. He called late Thursday afternoon just about the time and gave me this song and dance about how they well this and that. That night I just happen to think of that stock ACIA that he was pumping . I looked at it with the Guppy mma's and that above https://fintel.io web site. I wasn't too happy with the chart and wanted a better uptrend. I also looked at the fintel web site and it showed MS buying a big block posted 2-22 https://fintel.io/so/us/acia
I thought MS was going to take a gamble with my money and play a pre-earnings play ( PUMP and DUMP) at my expense. He called the next morning as I was waking up. Told him I wasn't into ACIA and for him not to buy that I wanted more confirmed uptrend before I would take a bite. What I knew already was playing pre-earnings is a "CRAP SHOOT".

As one can see from the chart. ACIA has since took a dump after reporting lower earnings. Goes to show one that you can't ever trust brokers like Morgan Stanley.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #134588
Ignore pthomas215
2/26/2017 10:27:12 AM

Mac, thank you. yeah, I believe in managing my own accounts. other than a retirement fund that I keep in either cash or Contrafund or S&P. I rotate moving it in and out, depending on when I expect to see probability of a correction. objectively, we here on SF know more than most brokers, who are only looking out for themselves anyways.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #134590
Ignore gmg733
2/26/2017 12:16:12 PM

Earnings can be traded fairly reliably using options. If interested let me know.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #134591
Ignore pthomas215
2/26/2017 12:44:11 PM

yes, I am interested in hearing more about your option strategy on earnings. for example, I expect Monday to go well for EXEL and Tuesday to go well for ENDP. Would you do a straight call or a bull call spread?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Earnings Question<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.