shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133130 - Remove message |
12/8/2016 3:14:23 PM
We are nearing a crossroads where moves will be made with trepidation. Painful decisions will be made with many regrets. Like a game of Jenga that should have ended 30 minutes ago.
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133140 - Remove message modified |
12/9/2016 2:59:09 AM
Not much for ma. but amazed at how well this tracks. You can make some scratch
the simple way. Good guide at least.
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133144 - Remove message |
12/9/2016 11:01:30 AM
Long overnight Xiv Uco ung oil Erx
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #133146 - Remove message |
12/9/2016 11:48:44 AM
Dust and Jdst just blew past resistance points. it could be the start of what you were describing shillihs....the DUST storm followed by vix. rates prob go up next week.
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133148 - Remove message |
12/9/2016 12:09:05 PM
I think so too. Could make a good indicator.
|
pthomas215 1,251 posts msg #133157 - Remove message |
12/9/2016 3:04:39 PM
the reason I said that is I am trying a new system on trading overnight gaps. I thought for sure last night JDST would open down so I paper traded a short. XIV behaved like I thought it would. I just couldnt figure out why JDST didnt behave the way I thought. Until it busted up.
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133160 - Remove message |
12/9/2016 5:23:36 PM
That's great PT. Help us out.
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133183 - Remove message |
12/12/2016 9:36:15 AM
Long oil ung Erx Xiv dust
Short Tvix
|
shillllihs 6,102 posts msg #133202 - Remove message modified |
12/13/2016 3:30:22 PM
Today's Tip.
Last bear market, other than being completely out of the market, only one play worked.
From Jan 2008 to March 2009 everything failed, even bonds failed. The only ETF play that would
have made money would have been shorting Xiv. So if you have the guts to stay short for 2 years, that's the play, otherwise stay out.
|
Kevin_in_GA 4,599 posts msg #133203 - Remove message |
12/13/2016 3:44:28 PM
You also would have made money being long SDS or (even better) long DTO (which went from 22 at it's inception date in July 2008 to over 250 by February 2009). In retrospect that should have been an easy one to see coming, when oil was at $147/barrel and the stock market was down 20+% from its 2007 high.
|