StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #150014
Ignore sandjco
modified
12/25/2019 9:54:17 AM

Will we see $150 1 month out?

About to leave?

Magically bounces....divorced too soon; missed another $10! urgghhh

Thank you Elon! 2020 gonna get me another one!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150026
Ignore sandjco
12/26/2019 5:36:07 PM

Closed for a quickie on the weeklies...

Will this add up to something?

Will we have follow thur...

AMZN announced Santa was good...

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150048
Ignore sandjco
12/29/2019 3:37:51 PM

Happy New Year everyone! Can't believe I've been here for two years and still learning from all of you!

All the best in 2020 and may all our fills be profitable!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #150049
Ignore Cheese
12/29/2019 4:18:32 PM

Happy New Year to you sandjco and everyone !

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150271
Ignore sandjco
1/11/2020 5:27:19 PM

Hello 2020!

This thread is now closed. I think I've graduated from pre-school! ;=P

New thread and adventures now found here:
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Stock-Picks/Picks-and-Pans-Since-Jan-2020/150081

As always, I am super grateful for all those who have helped me learn! So much more to read and digest!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #150801
Ignore sandjco
2/15/2020 1:01:07 PM

Didn't think I closed this thread properly and besides...475 posts visually looks better than 474!

How did I use SF?
1. Did my best to read as much as I could and digest. Not everything made sense (code, jargons, personalities, etc...) and till this date, I have not read and digested ALL the important nuggets in SF.
2. Prioritized the posters according to relevance, clarity and consistency of their calls.
3. Kept things simple. Played with the codes and concepts and took what I liked with what I was trying to trade (ETFs usually).
4. Practice and observe...write, re-write and test...rinse and repeat.
5. While a top level coding skill is wonderful...I discovered my very limited coding skills were more than adequate!
6. Understand there are those who freely share (and you wanna help back as well) and there are those...
7. Give value; receive in kind.
8. Zero agenda

I tried to shy away from:
1. What is the "best this" and "best that"..."best" is relative. If someone did find the "Holy Grail", highly unlikely it would be posted or there is 100% certainty that the signal could be followed and executed to the "T" for each and every trader who used the filter.
2. Pissing matches. Doesn't serve the community well in the long run..

I learned I am my biggest enemy and the ability to be patient when greed is knocking on your head every time the market opens is the toughest challenge for me in this undertaking. My goal is to be deliberate in my entries/exit.

For example, playing earnings day is like an addiction due to past insane successes but also the main sources of my losses. Yet, I find it difficult to stay put. I am my own answer....just gotta get there!

Good luck all and as TRO would say...may all your fills be profitable (or something like that!).

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · A Newbie's Journey<< 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.