StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · set{variable,value} command - any way to avoid plotting the variable?<< >>Post Follow-up
RPbb2021$$
5 posts
msg #158058
Ignore RPbb2021$$
11/19/2021 5:45:52 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that using the set command has the un-wanted (in my case) effect of plotting the variable like, if I'm setting a variable to hold the calculated market-capitalization of a stock, such market-capitalization variable will be added to the resulting chart. I just wanted it for internal calculations, not to draw it in my chart.

Question is, is there a way to avoid plotting (drawing) a variable we are creating via the set command?

Thank you in advance,
PB

xarlor
562 posts
msg #158059
Ignore xarlor
11/19/2021 10:01:22 AM

Setting a variable does not automatically draw it on the chart. I'm guessing you're using the variable later in the filter, and that's what causes it to draw. To disable drawing of a given indicator or variable use this line:

do not draw variable

Example of setting variables not drawing on chart:

Fetcher[
symlist(AAPL)

set{soAAPL,ind(AAPL,shares outstanding)}
set{clAAPL,ind(AAPL,close)}
set{mcAAPL,soAAPL * clAAPL}

add column mcAAPL {Market Cap}
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · set{variable,value} command - any way to avoid plotting the variable?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.