StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Setting the Settings Settings<< >>Post Follow-up
rdnzl999
3 posts
msg #27156
Ignore rdnzl999
7/2/2003 5:09:21 PM

I noticed you are not limited to 10 indicators on the "Settings" page.

In the box on the right for example, if you set "Draw EMA(12)" you don't need to waste another setting for EMA(26)..

Just edit any of the settings line to be whatever you want, for example "Draw EMA(12) and Draw EMA(26) and Draw EMA(50)"... all on one line.

I'm new here... Maybe EVERYBODY already knows this...

Somebody somewhere else liked to draw ribbons...

Draw ma(5) and Draw ma(7) and Draw ma(9) and Draw ma(11) and Draw ma(13) and Draw ma(15) and Draw ma(17) and Draw ma(19) and Draw ma(21) and Draw ma(23) and Draw ma(25) and Draw ma(27) and Draw ma(29)

And observe Expansion/Contraction and "foldover"...

ddfridd
40 posts
msg #27241
Ignore ddfridd
7/6/2003 7:12:39 PM

I agree..seems like they don't tell a person much what Fetcher can or can't do..at this moment I can't even get Fetcher to show me a match list..just keeps loading and loading and loading and loading..I give up after 5 minutes.
If they are doing maint. or something they should let some one know.

Not happy.

dave

tomb
267 posts
msg #27242
Ignore tomb
7/6/2003 8:53:42 PM

Hi,

Nice job noticing that more than 10 indicators may be added on the "Settings" page. Because of the flexible text-based screening syntax (and because the "Settings" page utilizes that) we often aren't aware of the full extent of what can be done with StockFetcher. So, we apologize that this feature wasn't previously advertised, but we are glad that you discovered it!

As far as any maintenance, we are currently not performing any server maintenance. Out of curiosity, is the problem you are having just limited to your match list? Often that process can be slow if you have many filters or your filters are complex. If the sluggishness is present in other areas of StockFetcher, it is possible there is a network issue somewhere along the way. We have verified that all of our servers are up and running.

Hopefully the above helps out. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions or comments!

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

mika
131 posts
msg #27246
Ignore mika
7/7/2003 2:15:33 AM

Excellent, Smithers!!

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27262
Ignore xplorer
7/7/2003 10:11:38 PM

Here is the "StockFetcher User Guide" ... it is really well done ...

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1004&tid=26306

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27264
Ignore xplorer
7/8/2003 11:35:07 AM

Ooops ... here is the user guide :
http://www.stockfetcher.com/download/StockFetcherUsagePreA.pdf

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Setting the Settings Settings<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.