StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · RSI + High<< >>Post Follow-up
TracerTrader
5 posts
msg #152634
Ignore TracerTrader
6/14/2020 3:07:35 PM

Hi Fellows,

I am wondering if one could help with what I'm trying to find. So, let me break it down to make it easy to follow:

- Stocks that reached 6 or 9 months high
- In that particular day the RSI(14) crossed above 70
- Then the stock either consolidated or pulled back for a while
- After couple days e.g. 10 days, the stock made a new high (above the previous 6 or 9 months high)
- In the second high, the RSI(14) is remained below 70.

I've tried with phrases such as over the last, within the last, but the results is not really what I'm looking for. So, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

xarlor
562 posts
msg #152637
Ignore xarlor
6/14/2020 7:26:57 PM

This isn't going to catch all of them, only the ones where your conditions play out over 10 days.

Fetcher[
close 10 days ago reached a new 6 month high
rsi(14) 10 days ago crossed above 70
close reached a new 6 month high
rsi(14) < 70

do not draw close 6 month high
]

TracerTrader
5 posts
msg #152674
Ignore TracerTrader
6/18/2020 4:52:43 AM

Thank you. This one is close but it also retrieve stocks where they made consecutive highs. It has to be only two highs the first one RSI crossed above 70 and the second one RSI remain below 70 and there is no new high between them. Hope this make it clear.

Thanks in advance

xarlor
562 posts
msg #152686
Ignore xarlor
6/19/2020 1:21:08 PM

Ah, one line takes care of that.

Fetcher[
close 10 days ago reached a new 6 month high
rsi(14) 10 days ago crossed above 70
close reached a new 6 month high
rsi(14) < 70
count(close 1 day ago reached a new 6 month high,8) equals 0

do not draw close 6 month high
]

TracerTrader
5 posts
msg #152694
Ignore TracerTrader
6/21/2020 10:36:50 AM

Excellent! Thank you.

I guess I have to figure out how to apply this filter to retrieve highs within certain days boundary instead of a fixed 10 days.

Thanks again

StensonT3
1 posts
msg #153160
Ignore StensonT3
7/16/2020 2:19:18 PM

Instead of using exact number of days, would it be possible to look for a higher high in the last number of periods where the RSI during the same period is lower?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · RSI + High<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.