StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money management question:<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up
mika
131 posts
msg #30237
Ignore mika
12/8/2003 9:37:41 PM

Thanks for all those of you that responded. I think I'll now be moving to a 6 stock portfolio. We'll see how well I can manage that many. I play a time-based exit strategy as well as a price-based exit strategy, so things may get a bit hectic juggling six stocks.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30240
Ignore EWZuber
12/9/2003 1:55:34 AM

mika
Saw that your Dragonfly Doji filter had a hit tonight. CHRZ. Technically this one looks premo!
Quarterly chart Stochastics rising.
Monthly chart Stochastics completely converged.
Weekly chart stochastics are converging.
Daily chart Stochastics completely converged.

It is bouncing up off the bottom of about a 9 month Consolidating Wedge pattern.
This stock has been in an extremely slow uptrend for several years.
Even if it doesn't break out of the pattern to the upside there are good gains to be made to the top of the pattern. But I suspect it will break out. JMHO

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #30242
Ignore knowsenough
12/9/2003 9:00:31 AM

Rumpled One..........
I have no problem w/one trick plays, as I've played the fiddle over and over recently on a particular stock so yes,,,,it does work well but is not something I concentrate on exclusively, since it would leave me out of many other plays. If op presents itself to play that game a couple days in a row cool!...but taking the best of my scan finds w/biggest spreads to next R1 and just buying (3) of the best one's (especially if they move in PM) has worked well also. I just play the daily chart on the big mover and set tight stops on the other two where I can't be focused 100%. If I get stopped out on one or two and win big on one I'm covered. Then I use the losers as education for next basket, and see what I mis-read that caused the poor entry point.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30244
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/9/2003 10:15:59 AM

knowsenough 12/8/2003 2:03:58 PM

Forums are all alike.....
Always some lurking "expert" ready to correct anything they deem inappropriate.

And there always seems to be some who just can't wait to prove the "expert" wrong and some who attack the person rather than the message.

What's the reason you prefer to detract from rather than add to the discussion?

Show us what you know!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30245
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/9/2003 10:22:54 AM

.... Better hurry, I see FNSR is failing to perform this time on your "end-all" indicator......LOL

What kind of person would take delight in a fellow trader's loss?

That shows exactly what you know!

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #30246
Ignore knowsenough
12/9/2003 11:30:11 AM

Rumpled One.....
Again you jump to conclusions....LOL for the indicator,,,not the trader's pain! Last post. Enough of this banter for me. In Reply to "what do I know?" I know the market becomes more crooked every year and that will never change and will only get harder and harder to "detect".... May all your dreams be fulfilled......

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30247
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/9/2003 1:35:52 PM

Funny, you didn't mention FNSR!!

It just hit 3.20 or +.12 for the day.

Guess that indicator isn't so bad after all.

I took my FNSR profits today.

ALL HAIL RSI(2)!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30248
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/9/2003 3:20:29 PM

How many days/weeks has it been this time? Better hurry, I see FNSR is failing to perform this time on your "end-all" indicator......LOL

knowsenough 12/9/2003 11:30:11 AM

Rumpled One.....
Again you jump to conclusions....LOL for the indicator,,,not the trader's pain! Last post. Enough of this banter for me. In Reply to "what do I know?" I know the market becomes more crooked every year and that will never change and will only get harder and harder to "detect".... May all your dreams be fulfilled......

JoeKnowItAll... if you tell someone to "HURRY" that makes it easy to infer you as talking about a person not an indicator.

But I didn't need to hurry... I just sit back and let RSI(2) work its magic and rake in the nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars all day long.

Did you see how FNSR peaked, reversed, bottomed and reversed again? I did! That's the reason I sold, bought back and will sell again for a profit.

It's really simple once you get the hang of it. But you have to be willing to learn.

There are lots of Muddies doing it... over and over and over again.

mika
131 posts
msg #30249
Ignore mika
12/9/2003 7:24:41 PM

Z,
Thanks for the headsup. :)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30257
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/11/2003 5:03:16 PM

MIKA:

How's the money management going for you?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money management question:<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.