StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looking for new broker..<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
boblambo
3 posts
msg #40584
Ignore boblambo
1/22/2006 10:03:29 AM

Can any of you give me some ideas on the best broker - looking for new low cost- stable sytem to trade with during fast markets like Friday?....I can't get a good demo out of Scottrade and you can't demo etrade trading platform any more.....

I trade short term to intermediate term....Some day trading but mostly play market pivot swings....

Thanks...........boblambo@aol.com....If your interested in a study on Nasdaq yearly pivot behavior let me know and I'll send you a very intersting chart....

allenforsythe
5 posts
msg #40585
Ignore allenforsythe
1/22/2006 10:16:04 AM

Hi boblambo,

I have brief experience with Interactive Brokers. They have a very nice java based software package. The few trades I've executed with them have been very favorable. I believe many posters here use IB with similar results.

Allen

shmoyer
18 posts
msg #40590
Ignore shmoyer
1/22/2006 11:19:15 AM

I had been using Harrisdirect which was just purchased by E*Trade. As I am experiencing poor customer service with E*Trade and there charting is very rudimentary I have decided to switch to thinkorswim. Thus far excellent customer service and they use prophet.net charting which many here on StockFetcher use, including myself. Check out there website for both web based and software based trading platforms. The software based trading platform can be downloaded prior to establishing an account but with the web based you will need to open an account first. I was able to negotiate my own trading fees which did prove to be an advantage. As a second choice I was considering Ameritrade Apex for active traders. Hope this helps. Steve

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #40591
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/22/2006 2:23:24 PM

My two cents

Cheapest - Interactive Brokers
Best platform - Tradestation

Rest are all crap...

Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40601
Ignore nikoschopen
1/23/2006 3:00:56 AM

Cybertrader is also considered as one of the best DAT providers on the market.

I encourage you to visit http://www.elitetrader.com/br/ for brokerage ratings.
Additionally, check out http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2 (for retail firms) or http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15 (pro firms) for peer reviews & recommendations.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40604
Ignore EWZuber
1/23/2006 3:51:03 AM

I used Etrade for several years and I agree, charts were really lacking. Trades were very expensive at the time also.
A couple years ago I switched to IB and never regretted it. Very nice trading platform and fast executions. Recently they have included free java based charting which I like very much. Only thing I would like to see is a 10 day hourly chart instead of just 5 days. Other than that these charts are far better than the ones I had been paying for at Money.net.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40605
Ignore EWZuber
1/23/2006 4:01:42 AM

BTW, in the time I have had IB the site has never gone down. It was not uncommon for the Etrade site to go down when I had it.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #40660
Ignore markcrisp
1/24/2006 8:22:16 AM

Schwab.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40691
Ignore nikoschopen
1/25/2006 2:57:31 PM

For those who trade eMinis, you might find this tempting...

Global Futures introduces its new X-Trader Transactional Model. No Monthly X-Trader fee. $5,000 minimum account size. No minimum volume quota.

Open an account Now and receive $4.75 round turn for CME Eminis.

For new accounts only.
Contact me for further details.

Kind Regards,

Richard Calderon
Futures & Forex Broker
RCalderon@GlobalFutures.com

1-866-758-3015 Toll Free
1-818-530-0953 Int’l

Claim Your Referral Fee. Ask me how. Please let me know if you have any questions. Ask about our Foreign Broker program

2 posts
msg #41256
Ignore 8638236
modified
2/16/2006 5:47:42 PM

If you have a good number of trades per month, then check into TradeStation. It is the best. $1 per 100 shares. A monthly fee of $99 is assessed if you don't make enough trades. But that's only the cost of 10 trades at Schwab, so if you make lots of trades, check them out. They will send you a demo that explains their platform and all its bells and whistles. TradeStation also uses EasyLanguage that allows you to get alerts when technicals move a certain way. (i.e. fast stochastic crosses slow; outside bar; RSI crosses 20 etc.) The program can make the trades for you automatically if you choose. TradeStation also allows you to put up any number of screens you want at the same time. You can link scheens real time, so you can watch a weekly, daily, hourly, and 5 min chart at the same time. You can also put arrows and print on the charts as reminders (i.e. put a rectangle around a flag, put an arrow at key pivot, highlight an inside bar etc.) This platform is has won all kinds of awards. Plus they have an "Intelligent" routing system the picks the fastest route for your trade. That cuts time way down and slippage also. The features go on and on. Check out the demo. Its free.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looking for new broker..<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.