StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to screen out new stocks?<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #150622
Ignore JoeyVinyl
1/31/2020 11:49:26 PM

I need help.

I call this the Silly Filter because it's not really a filter, it just tells you how many days a stock has been up as opposed to down over the last 100 days. I use it some times as a starting point for learning more about different indicators. I wouldn't trade from it and I definitely don't recommend anyone else trading off it.

But here's where I need help with it. A lot of the charts on my first page of results show data only going back to November or December of 2019. The other pages show charts with a couple of years of data so I doubt the coding is the problem (debugging doesn't show any syntax errors either, and there are so few lines that those should be easy to spot). I'm guessing those charts are for stocks or ETF's that only listed recently but I only want to see charts for stocks that are at least 100 days old. So how do I filter out anything that's new? (Click on it to see it the way I do.)

Fetcher[set {dayup, count(close > open,100)}
set {daydown, count(close < open,100)}
set {daystat, dayup - daydown}

Show stocks where close is > 2
and daystat > 0

draw MA(13)
draw MA(48)
do not draw daystat

add column separator
add column dayup {up}
add column daydown {down}
add column daystat {difference}
add column separator
add column industry
add column sector

sort column 6 descending
]

xarlor
561 posts
msg #150623
Ignore xarlor
1/31/2020 11:55:37 PM

Add the following line:

volume 100 days ago > 0

Fetcher[
volume 100 days ago > 0

set {dayup, count(close > open,100)}
set {daydown, count(close < open,100)}
set {daystat, dayup - daydown}

Show stocks where close is > 2
and daystat > 0

draw MA(13)
draw MA(48)
do not draw daystat

add column separator
add column dayup {up}
add column daydown {down}
add column daystat {difference}
add column separator
add column industry
add column sector

sort column 6 descending
]

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #150624
Ignore JoeyVinyl
2/1/2020 1:37:49 AM

@xarlor

Brilliant! Thanks!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to screen out new stocks?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.