StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help Interpreting Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
streatram
1 posts
msg #160543
Ignore streatram
9/8/2023 1:20:25 PM

Can anyone help interpret the following for me?

set{v1, high volume 52 week high}
show stocks where v1 was below 1000 1 day ago

What does v1 actually represent? Is there a more intuitive way of phrasing this?

xarlor
562 posts
msg #160545
Ignore xarlor
9/8/2023 5:33:19 PM

That filter looks for stocks whose volume never went above 1,000 any day in the last year. So really, really illiquid tickers.

sr7
101 posts
msg #160548
Ignore sr7
9/11/2023 6:14:36 PM

v1 i's the variable that holds the other words to the right of it; and then it's used in the second line of code.

By the way, when I first came to Stockfetcher, and I saw the code that people were writing with, I thought it was C++ or maybeC#, but it's not..

sr7
101 posts
msg #160549
Ignore sr7
9/11/2023 6:25:14 PM

So v1 = high volume 52 week high

And the second line uses v1, but it could have been written like this:

show stocks where high volume 52 week high was below 1000 1 day ago

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help Interpreting Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.