StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Find the next NTRI<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
moneymaker2006
7 posts
msg #39791
Ignore moneymaker2006
12/29/2005 5:55:07 PM

NTRI is the best stock of 2005, 13x,

how can we find the next NTRI in 2006 ?

anybody has an idea ?

I tried to use "60 day slope of close is above 0.5" and
"data offset is 09/10/2004" but couldn't get NTRI, but
I know NTRI met such critera back in that time, any advice ?

thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39793
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/29/2005 6:00:01 PM

Use the ZOOM LENS filter I wrote and look for stocks that have bottomed.

moneymaker2006
7 posts
msg #39797
Ignore moneymaker2006
12/29/2005 6:15:21 PM

Hi TheRumpledOne,

where to get your ZOOM LENS filter ? thanks

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39805
Ignore EWZuber
12/30/2005 2:31:46 AM

moneymaker2006 , NTRI is absolutely classic. It fits every detail of criteria for the Convergent Stochastic Theory. What lit the fire under the stock was the radically improving fundamentals. Earnings soared about 10 fold just as the stock took off.
Stockfetcher does a great job but unfortunately they do not offer Quarterly or Monthly Chart screening which would cut the foot work tremendously in looking for the next NTRI.
The stock tested the 15 QTR. MA, the 25 MO.MA as support in an oversold condition at almost the exact same time in 2004 followed shortly thereafter by the shorter term Weekly Chart. All charts were then in phase and all in an accumulation phase which created huge momentum. Whenever you see this happen and fundamentals are greatly improving it draws money like crazy.
Notice there is very little distribution for a year following.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39814
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/30/2005 4:15:23 PM

Fetcher[
/* PRICE POSITION PERCENT DISPLAY */

/* enter your Upper Limit criteria */
set{UpperLimyr, high 52 week high}

/* enter your Lower Limit criteria */
set{LowerLimyr, low 52 week low}

set{LimDiffyr, UpperLimyr minus LowerLimyr}
set{PPDiffyr, CLOSE minus LowerLimyr}
set{PPDivyr, PPDiffyr / LimDiffyr}
set{PPPyr, PPDivyr * 100}

set{PCTYR, LimDiffyr / LowerLimYr}

/* column display */

add column PPPyr

set{HiOp,high - open}
set{OpLo, open - low}

PPPyr is between 40 and 60

PCTYR above 2

add column PPPyr
add column PCTYR

/* Multiple ZOOM LENS */

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval22, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 22) * 100}
set{moval60, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}
set{movalwk, INDPOSITION(weekly momentum(12), 26) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval22, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 22) }
set{wrval60, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) }
set{wrvalwk, INDPOSITION(weekly williams %r(10), 26)}

/* PLOT CRITERIA */

draw moval22
draw moval60 on plot moval22
draw movalwk on plot moval22

draw wrval22
draw wrval60 on plot wrval22
draw wrvalwk on plot wrval22

add column moval22
add column moval60
add column movalwk

add column wrval22
add column wrval60
add column wrvalwk

add column industry

/* PRICE VOLUME CRITERIA */

CLOSE above .50

VOLUME ABOVE 50000
average VOLUME(5) ABOVE 50000
average VOLUME(30) ABOVE 50000
]

Let's see if the next NTRI appears on this list:

Symbol Last
ABP 5.32
BMHC 72
CPST 3.08
CTHR 20.52
GTI 6.26
IBIS 3.04
IMCO 5.15
MBAY 1.39
MMUS 7.34
NGAS 10.58
OMNI 3.26
RIV 16.22
SMDI 4.64
SPEX 3.75
SPTN 10.75
STV 16.88
TIII 2.53
VC 6.39
WTSLA 4.53
BSM 5
CMT 7.35
CXN 1.18
EMFP 0.78
HOM 4.4
IFUE 1.91
ITWO 14.26
NYNY 7.55
AOB 4.41
NRMX 14.4
BBSE 1.59
CXTI 1.89
DSTI 9.54
CUTR 25.86
TREN 2.03
KKPT 1.6
FSAC 1.1
ALMI 0.92
MNTA 22.7
CTRX 10.56

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #39816
Ignore markcrisp
12/31/2005 6:52:59 AM

you got it all wrong.......you can't ewrite ONE scan to find stocks like this..if we could we'd be richer than Warren buffet.

I mean why scan for stocks that have doubled, All time highs >$10.....there's a start..but it's only a start. For every great winner there will be many more losers.....Money management is more important. Watch volume and "funny mentals" as well. I wish I could run one scan to find these stocks but I am afraid it isn't as simple as that!

Stop searching for the Holy Grail.

moneymaker2006
7 posts
msg #39826
Ignore moneymaker2006
12/31/2005 1:02:26 PM

EWZuber: appreciate and agree with your investing approach: fundamental + technical, not those high risk/pressure day trading.

markcrip: also agree w/ you, we don't need to search the whole holy-grail,
but we can find out 1/2 or 1/4 Holy Grail, based on your 2x and up criteria.

Given not too many people on this board, I think we can share/post
each other's idea and finding, three brain is better than one.
by using StockFetcher and fundamental reading,
I found following have potential for 2x:

INSM -- biotech
MEH -- airline

any advice ?

I also found following might be short candidates:

GOOG
AAPL
NTRI

how about the overall market condition, going down in Q1, 2006 ?

let's make some money together.

happy new year.

heypa
283 posts
msg #39831
Ignore heypa
12/31/2005 3:00:09 PM

Stocks like NTRI can only be found by hindsight.Your prediction of hold to the high also hindsight.Would you have held(assuming enlightened purchase}through the index retracements?Looking back we all can see winners.What we dont see are all the also rans that didn't do near as good,but met whatever buy signal you arrive at. No one can predict long term .Short term is iffy.Very short term maybe.Picking is easy.Making money is difficult and is totally dependent on how you get out. As TRO says "It's how you trade that determines success."Don't expose too much of your trading capital at any time{to the market},take your profit when available,and jump on the next one.It,s compounding that succeeds not waiting for the hard to find runner.You still have the paramount question. WHEN DO I GET OUT? live long and prosper.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39833
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/31/2005 4:12:57 PM

"
markcrisp [Ignore] 12/31/2005 6:52:59 AM

you got it all wrong.......you can't ewrite ONE scan to find stocks like this..if we could we'd be richer than Warren buffet.

I mean why scan for stocks that have doubled, All time highs >$10.....there's a start..but it's only a start. For every great winner there will be many more losers.....Money management is more important. Watch volume and "funny mentals" as well. I wish I could run one scan to find these stocks but I am afraid it isn't as simple as that!

Stop searching for the Holy Grail. "

Mark... that's too funny... LOL!!

Not searching for the Holy Grail.. just the next NTRI!

The filter identifies stocks that have at least doubled and retraced to the 40% - 60% level, that's all.... just like NTRI did.

You know ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

So, all the filter does is give a basket of stocks to watch.

Look at the NTRI chart... it rode the EMA(5). So if one of these stocks closes above a rising ema(5) you just may want to take it for a ride.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39840
Ignore EWZuber
1/1/2006 9:32:25 AM

heypa,I don't agree. There are several indications to watch for both fundamental and technical. When you get a certain convergence of events then the stage is set.
Here area few charts that reveal the importance of the combination of a long term oversold condition coupled with greatly improving earnings.

PRLS--This stock began a new long term accumulation phase on the Quarterly Chart back about Dec. of 2004 which was confirmed by March when the quarter closed with the stochastic fast %K line crossed above the slow %D line and the resistance trendline had been broken. Right about the same time fundamentals began to improve radically, eventually to about 10 fold.
The stock price ran from about $1 to $9 in a year.

NWRE--had about 12 sequential quarters of losses from the second quarter of 1998 to the 1st quarter of 2001. The Quarterly Chart was oversold in the second quarter of 2001 and stochastics began to converge, indicating the likely hood of a long term accumulation phase beginning. At the same time earnings went from a loss of (-$0.08 EPS) to positive $0.03 EPS same month yr/yr which is a huge earnings percentage gain.
Volume had a few better days but not enough to indicate what was to come long term. ADV was about 25,000. (Around the peak of the the accumulation phase ADV hit 597,000.)
The third quarter earnings improved another $0.01 EPS and earnings projections soared then the stock broke out. Earnings peaked in the third quarter of 2002, exactly where the stock price peaked. Quarterly Chart stochastics now had a convergence of the fast%K and slow%D lines in an overbought condition and the fast line crossed below signaling a new long term distribution phase. Fundamental and technical Coincidence? Happens all too often to be coincidence.

TIE--Had declining fundamentals from about 1998 to the 4th quarter of 2002. At that point Quarterly Chart Stochastics had become completely converged and sequentially increasing losses began to turn into earnings. At the same time the stock price soared from around $1 to about $20 over the following 2 years driven by earnings as high as $0.76 EPS. An incredible improvement.
Another example of this convergence of fundamental and technical events and there are plenty more.
What you have in this scenario is a stock that is long term oversold, so the price is near the lowest it's been in a long time, right at the time the fundamentals begin to improve and the worth of the company is increasing. This works the equation from both ends making the odds for large price increases high.
Can a stock move big without a fundamental improvement? Yes, but having the fundamentals in harmony with the technicals greatly increases the odds that traders and investors will be buying this one for a considerable period of time(accumulation).

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Find the next NTRI<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.