StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Help - Wrong Results<< >>Post Follow-up
compren
8 posts
msg #160861
Ignore compren
modified
2/11/2024 10:53:02 AM

The filter below is inaccurate, sort of. What I am trying to identify is when Weekly Relative Strength(SPY, 30) crosses above a 10-week average, and count that so I can easily identify it in the chart. Take a look at some of these results tho, and you see that it is counting instances that didn't actually occur. HOWEVER, if you look at the columns, those look correct, but the count and the chart are wrong.

Take a look at JNJ below. This week it thinks RS30 crossed above RS30c (10-week average of rs30), but the values of rs30 and rs30a don't reflect that, but the chart and the count (rs30d) do.

Where did I screw up?

Fetcher[
market is sp500
chart-length is 2 years
chart-display is weekly
draw weekly ma(10) & draw weekly ma(30)

/* Relative Strength */
set{rs30, weekly Relative Strength(spy,30)}
set{rs30a, cma(rs30,10)}
set{rs30b, count(rs30 is above 1,1)}
set{rs30c, count(rs30 is above rs30a,1)}
set{rs30d, count(rs30 crossed above rs30a,1)}
rs30 crossed above rs30a

add column rs30
add column rs30c
draw rs30c & legend{rs30c,RS30 is above 10-week Avg}
draw rs30d & legend{rs30d,RS30 crossed above 10-week Avg}
]

compren
8 posts
msg #160862
Ignore compren
2/11/2024 1:15:21 PM

Disregard, I got word back and custom variables are not supported with weekly measures.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Help - Wrong Results<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.