StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Day traders May I ask you?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
markcrisp
187 posts
msg #51240
Ignore markcrisp
4/20/2007 7:05:32 AM

Hi,

Yeah this is the problem i think with many day trading methods.... If you wan tto think big then i do not think day trading is the way to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just realize Short term that takes advantage of massive imbalances can't compound easily.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51323
Ignore nikoschopen
4/25/2007 12:19:32 PM

"Just realize Short term that takes advantage of massive imbalances can't compound easily."

And yet you choose to conveniently forget about the Ying-Yang principle. Case in point: For those who steadfastly held on to their positions during the Blitzkrieg (circa 2000-03 bear market) would have seen their losses compound just as fast as they had built their paper gains. ;)

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #51327
Ignore judgetrade
4/25/2007 5:09:19 PM

rtorrey:

where do you get this great information? Are you in a prop shop?

muddy:

I whished I could follow you more ofthen, you chat room is the best intraday chat room on the net and its for free.
Also you stuff with the dogs you put on your blog shows that you a real nice guy!!!
Thank you also for all the RSI (2) Stuff!!! You and TRO where very
important to be nicly profitable again since the last three years and the good
thing is that I stabalized and got back my "Trading hand" (which is always
a combination of good methods and self assurance).

Marc:
Day Trade / Swing Trade -->

I think so too. My best Swing Trading System has an 80% Win rate
and very ofthen I do more then 50% on the trade, though it does not
fire ofthen (once a week).
But I can not put more then 7500$ into the trade, so it can not compound, but
still it makes me 15.000 to 20.000 Bucks a year.
I trade also momentum and value combined with momentum system, they can be
compounded though.
So its a good combination. The Swing Trading I do on margin, so it
does not hurt the other systems...
And they seem to be negativly correlated. Nice Stuff.

Marc, you and the guy from pitbullinvestor are very good in overall market timing!

rtorrey
8 posts
msg #51393
Ignore rtorrey
5/1/2007 4:49:30 PM

"Just realize Short term that takes advantage of massive imbalances can't compound easily."

And yet you choose to conveniently forget about the Ying-Yang principle. Case in point: For those who steadfastly held on to their positions during the Blitzkrieg (circa 2000-03 bear market) would have seen their losses compound just as fast as they had built their paper gains. ;)

I'm talking about daytrading and compounding winners. Holding on for 3 years is NOT daytrading.... Daytrading means FLAT at the end of the day.

rtorrey
8 posts
msg #51394
Ignore rtorrey
5/1/2007 4:52:36 PM

Hi,

Yeah this is the problem i think with many day trading methods.... If you want to think big then i do not think day trading is the way to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just realize Short term that takes advantage of massive imbalances can't compound easily.

Marc re above:

Some of the best systems I've discovered are usually daytrading. They are EXTREMELY difficult to find but the return for the money is incredible.

The ultimate thing is trade multiple systems timeframes. Longer term systems can easily compound.

rtorrey
8 posts
msg #51395
Ignore rtorrey
5/1/2007 5:05:22 PM

rtorrey:

where do you get this great information? Are you in a prop shop?

I've learned things from networking a ton, talking, and reading a lot of books /forums. The systems are all things I've done in the past at one time or another.

Yeah I'm part of a prop shop. I've managed offices in the past. Now though just comfortable trading on my own without the office.

Now just trading on my own. Much nicer to wake up, walk to my spare bedroom. Turn on the computers and trade as when I managed all the headaches of having to deal with helping all the traders in the office out.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #51396
Ignore markcrisp
5/1/2007 8:07:46 PM

Judgetrader:

Why only $7,500? Seems a low amount? curious as to why this exact number?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think so too. My best Swing Trading System has an 80% Win rate
and very ofthen I do more then 50% on the trade, though it does not
fire ofthen (once a week).
But I can not put more then 7500$ into the trade, so it can not compound, but
still it makes me 15.000 to 20.000 Bucks a year.

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #51401
Ignore judgetrade
5/2/2007 5:14:17 PM

its about 5% of their Dollar Volume Daily...

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #58058
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
12/13/2007 6:48:55 AM

Seems this has been a topic of late. Love the volatility the last few sessions.

Niko, I stumbled on this thread while looking for your analogy of traders and fish. It talked about little fishes through sharks or whales in position sizing and price impact. Do you recall that? I've searched and cannot find that post. If you have it or recall it, please post.

Thanks, Grunt

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #58074
Ignore nikoschopen
12/13/2007 11:57:10 AM

Actually I don't. I believe I've literally littered the living crap out of this place with my vague allusions to position sizing and price impact. Can you be more specific? One of the better places you might want to check is The ABC of Stock Speculation.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Day traders May I ask you?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.