StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bull Flag and Fibonacci for Swing Trade<< >>Post Follow-up
carlosevangelista
8 posts
msg #157437
Ignore carlosevangelista
8/26/2021 9:07:02 AM

Hi guys,

I'm working with swing trade and I'm trying to find the better form for the use pattern BULL FLAG.
In research find that the better form for use this pattern will be if the stock had in BULL FLAG with the point of entry in retraction ends at around 38.2% (Fibonacci), creating a classic bullish flag pattern.

Here in the forum, I looked at this link:
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/Bull-Flag/61913/-1/62092
with this:

/*strong move up flagpole*/
count(close is above parabolic sar(.1,.01) ,20) > 12
close < parabolic sar(.1,.01)

/*pause, flag/pennant */
count(close < parabolic sar(.1,.01),5) > 2
close < parabolic sar(.1,.01)

/*strong trend*/
count(close is above ma(100),99) > 60

close > 20
avg vol(30) is above 500000

Questions:
1 - The select above is the better form for getting the stocks with BULL FLAG?

2 - As a general rule, the consolidation phase shouldn’t surpass the 50% Fibonacci retracement of the prior leg higher (the flagpole). A pullback that extends below 50% signals that the uptrend is not as strong as it should be. Hence, a strong bull flag usually needs retracement between 38.2% to 50% before breaking the upper trend line. Will be possible to make this?

3 - Case, Do you have another idea. I would to like see it.

Regards,

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bull Flag and Fibonacci for Swing Trade<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.