StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Are you trading every stock that your filter returns?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55514
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/3/2007 11:19:42 PM

I don't use the global filter.

I don't import. I copy/paste.

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #56882
Ignore tmaugham
11/20/2007 2:04:42 PM

pop

miketranz
956 posts
msg #57069
Ignore miketranz
11/27/2007 9:28:26 PM

Great filters,what are you using for an entry signal? Thanks,Mike.....

billrider321
70 posts
msg #66622
Ignore billrider321
8/24/2008 6:53:46 PM

would like to know if anyone is following this filter.

does anybody have ibd 100 /200 list in comma seperated text file format. Please post it i am trying to run some search condition in stock fetcher to do some testing

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66623
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/24/2008 7:08:06 PM

If you look around, you never know what you may find.

But that list is copyrighted, so it can't be identified as such.

woodshedder
11 posts
msg #66626
Ignore woodshedder
8/24/2008 9:11:11 PM

TRO-

For the best systems, its about probabilities. Expectancy=opportunity*avg. trade. Or something like that. But you get the point.

So regardless of whether one is taking every trade returned by the filter, if enough trades are taken, he can expect over time to reach the win/loss ratio and avg. net change indicated by backtesting.

I prefer to start all tests with the most general parameters, allowing the max number of positions and max number of trades per day. I like the largest sample sizes as they tend to offer the most statistical significance. From there, some optimization is nice to lower the amount of filter results to an amount that is realistic for my trading style.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66632
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/25/2008 12:52:13 AM

Hi Woodshedder:

That is ONE approach and it has its merits.

One the other hand, instead of tweaking the method to the stocks, I find the best stocks for the method. Makes it easier, for me, to trade.

MoneyFetcher
22 posts
msg #66640
Ignore MoneyFetcher
8/25/2008 2:25:22 PM

I surely don't play every result.

I am reading a candlestick charting book right now, and so I''ve decided to focus on bullish reversals. My filter ensures a downtrend, and then looks for one of 15 bullish candlestick patterns that are already coded into stockfetcher. Some of the patterns I have in there are not reversal patterns...but trend continuation patterns...it's no matter to me though...as I look at each play before I make it. I have something in there for RSI and STO, and I used to have a provision in there for the MACD, but taking that provision out only adds 2 resutls to my filter, so I got rid of it for now.

As of now, my filter returns about 20 stocks a day. Of those, I look for the most promising reversals. The pattern itself is important, so I always look at the candles themselves first. Then I look at the STO and RSI to see how they are doing. I do not require the STO to be in a particular zone (like below 30)...rather, I ask that the %K line be below the %D line anytime within the past 2 days.

My filter is designed to filter out the stocks that I DON'T want to play...I still have to look at each one and make the decision to buy on an individual case-by-case basis.

billrider321
70 posts
msg #66641
Ignore billrider321
8/25/2008 2:41:22 PM

TRO,

have send you an email for ibd list.

or anbody else if you want to email me list of ibd100 please do billrider321 at yahoo dot com

thanks will update what my test returns on setup which has been done by bottomdollars.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66646
Ignore alf44
modified
8/25/2008 3:56:37 PM

woodshedder, are you the same "woodshedder" that posts/blogs over on "The Fly" Blog ?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Are you trading every stock that your filter returns?<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.