StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Add Column Day Position<< >>Post Follow-up
chessnut1
58 posts
msg #152561
Ignore chessnut1
6/8/2020 4:25:24 PM

I am wanting to obtain column results from my filter that show the close position between H and L of the day in terms of a percentage (where mid position would be 50, high of day would be 100). I assume Day Position should do this. But I cannot get expected Day Position column results from my filter (below). Anyone suggestions for a fix? Thanks.

Filter:

Close is above Day Position(0.50,1)
Average volume(30) is above 300000
Volume is above 100000
Average Day Range(30) is above 3
set{ADR30, Average Day Range(30)}
set{ADR10, Average Day Range(10)}
add column ADR30
add column Day Position

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #152567
Ignore JoeyVinyl
modified
6/8/2020 7:29:17 PM

ETA: I just saw that you have those lines in there so I misunderstood the question. I think you need the same parameters on the column line as you have on the first line for it to show as a column.

I don't use that indicator myself, but I took the code from the indicator explanation page and added a column to it. Check this page for more help: https://stockfetcher.com/forums/Indicators/Day-Position/85

Fetcher[
Close is above Day Position(0.05,1)
add column Day Position(0.05,1) {daypos}
]

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #152592
Ignore chessnut1
6/10/2020 12:12:30 PM

Thanks for your reply Joey. Before posting my question I tried using the same parameters on the column line as I have on the first line, as well as every other variation of the Day Position settings I could imagine. The column with data appears but the data in the column never matches the true day position of the candle.

Might need some SF input on this one. Thanks again.

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #152595
Ignore chessnut1
6/10/2020 6:20:32 PM

After experimenting with Day Position, I discovered that the value returned (in columns) is the day position as price value. I was hoping to get the value as percentage. so I will use Day Range for that.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Add Column Day Position<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.