StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help to beginner.<< >>Post Follow-up
2 posts
msg #32104
Ignore 400396
5/17/2004 12:29:45 PM

hello all,

i'm new to the stockfetcher and now i'm learning alone technical analysis , i will like to ask the experienced guys , can you tell me what filter gives you the best results so far?

thanks.

avi.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32105
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/17/2004 4:09:42 PM

NONE...

It's not what you trade but how you trade it.

I have seen people lose money on stocks that went up on the same day.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32111
Ignore xplorer
5/18/2004 7:16:30 AM

Since 99% of stocks have price movement ... 99% can make you money.

Every parameter of a screen has value ... and will help to guide you to find stocks that fit YOUR interest. They all work, and designed to do a specific thing. Personally I like Slow Stochastics to help me with an entry or exit.

Slope of Linear regression line to find momemntum plays ... etc ...etc ...

So I guess to answer your question...you need to ask ... what are YOU looking for? A good way may to reverse engineer a chart ...or a trait of a stock that peeks your interest.

Fare Well !

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32122
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/18/2004 4:14:01 PM

I was once new and asked for help so here is a money maker:

Fetcher[set{p1,high - open} set{p2, close - low} rsi(2) below 1 and close above 1.00 and Average Volume(10) is above 300000 and volume above 500000 and add column p1 and add column p2]

Feel free to change the dollar/volume to suit your trading style.

P1 and P2 are the profits that you could have captured that day. Had you entered low and sold high.

Remember this or any other filter will not make you money. Do NOT confuse stock SELECTION with STOCK trading.

2 posts
msg #32125
Ignore 400396
5/19/2004 6:17:38 AM

dear TheRumpledOne , many thanks for your help, please tell me how to use this set up? does it for buy or sell orders? when should I enter immediately or to wait and see what going on for a couple of days?

thanks again.

avi.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32126
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/19/2004 9:23:11 AM

Buy or sell orders? Do you mean long or short?

This filters picks stocks that have bottomed. If they go up at the open and stay up for the first 20 - 30 minutes, they are usually safe to buy.

However, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN, so if you find yourself sitting on a profit, whether it's 2% or 20%, TAKE ALL YOU CAN AND GIVE NOTHING BACK.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help to beginner.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.