StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI (2) time frame- please help<< >>Post Follow-up
sdcclark
26 posts
msg #30281
Ignore sdcclark
12/13/2003 2:21:22 PM

When Looking for the RSI(2) bottom and top what time frames are you uing 3 Month, 1 Month, 5 Day, daily, 60 min, 5, min etc.... And what other indicators do you use to add for confirmation to place a trade.

Thanks
Scott

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30289
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/13/2003 8:50:02 PM

You start with 3month/day on www.prophet.net use the Java Charts under the analyze tab. Then confirm with year/week.

You don't need any other indicators.

Here is my RSI(2) filter:

Fetcher[rsi(2) below 1 and close above 0.01 and Average Volume(10) is above 300000 and volume above 100000 and 60 day slope of the close is above 0]

I may use "below 5" or "below 10" depending on what stocks I am checking.

Here are my chart settings:

Draw Linear Regression Channel(60) and Draw EMA(13) and Draw EMA(26) Draw RSI(2) and Draw weekly RSI(2) and draw bollinger band(20) and draw Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K and draw Fast Stochastic(10,10) Slow %D

When you see the price touch the lower linear regression line along with a low RSI(2)... LOAD THE BOAT!

Also an RSI(2) bottom along with a lower Bollinger Band touch works too.

The decision when to buy is to WAIT FOR GREEN at the open. If a stock is still GREEN after the first 20 minutes or so, it is a pretty safe entry, as long as, the price didn't move up move than 3% or 4%. The alternative entry strategy is to buy 1/2 position at the open and if it confirms GREEN buy the other half. If it goes RED, just use money management and wait for the next entry.

Look at SONS this week. By entering after the lower lin reg line touch, you would have entered around $7 on 12/10 and could have sold for over $8 on 12/12 ... not bad for a couple of days. Ditto XMSR, HD, INTC, etc...

The secret is to look at the market indices with rsi(2) and linear regression... you will know when the market is bottoming and topping.

Learn to wait... be patient... then when the time is right... BUY!

Keep your radar on CIEN this week.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

sdcclark
26 posts
msg #30292
Ignore sdcclark
12/14/2003 7:11:34 PM

Thank You Rumpled one

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30295
Ignore EWZuber
12/15/2003 12:38:32 AM

CIEN looks like it is just beginning a precipitous drop, IMO.
It may hesitate then I suspect the drop will commence.
It just broke 14 month trendline support, a very significant event IMO, and Weekly stochastics are just beginning a distribution phase.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30296
Ignore EWZuber
12/15/2003 12:53:19 AM

SONS has also broken TL support, a 9 month supporting TL.
Looks like it is rising to test this old support as Resistance.
I'd keep an eye out for a bounce down off of TL Res. @ $8.78 ( & rising ) or the 25 DMA @ $8.66 ( & falling ). Friday it bounced down from the 50 DMA @ $8.54 ( & rising slightly ) but is slightly oversold on Hourly chart now.
5 Minute chart shows a consolidating wedge pattern just about to come to a conclusion. From a different perspective. JMHO

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30303
Ignore txtrapper
12/15/2003 2:13:30 PM

CIEN

Weekly Stochastics(5,3) is indicating a drop in CIEN, and you don't want to bet against Stochastics.

tx

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30307
Ignore EWZuber
12/15/2003 4:51:20 PM

SONS bounced down off the 25 DMA in a big way today, confirming it as resistance for now.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI (2) time frame- please help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.