StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FAST%K - AGAIN<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
corsino
259 posts
msg #49223
Ignore corsino
1/13/2007 11:39:52 AM

Wallman
I appreciate that you explain your strategies in a manner that even I can understand.

dunamis
18 posts
msg #49230
Ignore dunamis
1/13/2007 7:23:30 PM

I have been quietly reading, studying and testing many of the filters on this site for more hours than I would like to admit to(altho my wife could tell you the exact number I'm sure...!). The help and advice that I have received from TRO and Wallman has been outstanding.

I can honestly say that the fast%K filter is by far the most effective tool that I have come across on this site. The CORRECT use of it consistently produces results that are outstanding. Two stocks from last week that produced for me were DRL and BMD (see my stocktickr account). This filter gives OUTSTANDING results... but obviously not guaranteed. As TRO keep reminding us... it is the HOW not the WHAT.

I just wanted to say thank you Wallman and TRO. You are true gentlemen.

GM

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49232
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/13/2007 7:50:52 PM

You're welcome.

There's more than one way to make money trading stocks.

One way is to find a basket of stocks and trade them when their time comes.

Another way is to find ONE stock and trade it over and over and over again.

And there are still other ways...

But, no matter what method you use, you must TRADE the stocks and TAKE PROFIT.

At best, all the market ever gives you is an OPPORTUNITY.

wallman
299 posts
msg #49246
Ignore wallman
1/14/2007 12:49:25 PM

Dunamis,

You are welcome.

"The CORRECT use of it consistently produces results that are outstanding. Two stocks from last week that produced for me were DRL and BMD (see my stocktickr account). This filter gives OUTSTANDING results... but obviously not guaranteed."

I added you to "my friends" list at Stocktick on 11/28 and check you everyday.
I've been meaning to tell you what a great job you've done as I check your port everyday.

9 out of the 10 open trades green with 6 double digits!!
DRL was a White candle below the LBB when you added it,I kinda thought you had a good one there.

Nice job,
Muddy

dunamis
18 posts
msg #49248
Ignore dunamis
1/14/2007 5:59:04 PM

Wallman

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I am pretty new at this and I have appreciated your guidance over the last few months.

My main question at the moment is using the correct entry technique in terms of using market orders or limited orders to get the best entry. What do you do? Do you dive in with a market order?

I have read your blog about working out entry points, but once you have decided on that, HOW do you enter - market, limit or stop? I should add that I have to drag myself away from the screen in the morning (at 10.30am) as I have to get to work, any advice on pre-market entry techniques would be appreciated too. What do you think about this TRO?

Thanks again in advance.

Dunamis

sadelb
12 posts
msg #49252
Ignore sadelb
1/14/2007 7:50:05 PM

dunamis, is that the exact filter you use that wallman posted on this thread or do you have different parameters also. Thanks... How can I find you on stocktickr

dunamis
18 posts
msg #49253
Ignore dunamis
1/14/2007 8:29:06 PM

Sadelb,

No real change. I just change the volume if there are too many results. BUT, I have to say, I find that the majority (90%+) of stocks that the filter throws out (without changing the volume) go up within a five day window. If you back test it by 5 or 6 days you will see what I mean.

I do compare the results with a combination of muddy's original filters. I find it a powerful combination if a stock appears on both the fast%k and the muddy filters.

You can find me on stocktickr under my name 'dunamis'. I use this site as a way to track the stocks that i think are the ones most likely to go up that day and the next.

cheers!
Dunamis

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49260
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/14/2007 11:21:03 PM

Unless you want to BAIL, I would suggest only using LIMIT ORDERS.

wallman
299 posts
msg #49271
Ignore wallman
1/15/2007 1:36:20 PM

Hi Dunamis,
you said
"I just change the volume if there are too many results. BUT, I have to say, I find that the majority (90%+) of stocks that the filter throws out (without changing the volume) go up within a five day window. If you back test it by 5 or 6 days you will see what I mean."

I know I've said before that to narrow down lists into a manageable number of matches I've found that bumping up the volume works good for me.
WHAT I forgot to mention is that with a real bottom fishing method such as the Fast%k<10 what I do instead (and please realize I do this because I love the swishy ones and tolerate risk well,I have been trading over 40 years now and RESPECT the market but do not ever FEAR it) is bump up the ADR(10)to get a smaller list of candidates.
Sorry I didn't mention this before but I have so many things I just do naturally , tucked away in the back of my head after so many years of trading,sometimes I forget to mention them.
That's why I'm thinking about writing a book so even I'll remember them, ha.

Anyway check this out:

Fetcher[show stocks where fast stochastic fast %k(14) is below 10 and volume is above 400000 and close is between 1 and 10 date offset is 1/8/07
and sort column 5 descending
average day range(10)is above 8 percent
]

Now this is from last Monday list,a week ago.
Without the ADR added it returned 54 matches with 45 green, 9 red with 8 over 10% gains. Great in itself but maybe too many to manage for most folks.
So adding ADR(10)>4% cuts it down to 29 matches,only 4 red while losing only 1 10%+ gainer.
Upping the ADR to 8% gives 4 matches, all double digit gainers with an average 3 day hold of 44% and current percent gain of 37%!

Date offset of 12/29 gives a perfect example of bumping up ADR% while dropping off losers but keeping many of the nice gainers.
W/o any ADR the scan gives 49 matches, currently 40 gains/9 losses with 14 double digit gainers. Very nice indeed but a lot of matches.
ADR 3% gives 29 matches, 25 gainers/4 losers with 11 double digit gains. Still real nice.
ADR 4% gives only 14 matches but the win/loss ratio is now 14/2 with 6 being double digit gains. Now it's even nicer if you are looking for a smaller list.
Looking for a very small list of 4 I upped it to ADR 6.9 (yes you can bump by tenths) which shows currently all 4 green with 2 of them double digit hits.

Dunamis, if you are interested in this I can be reached at greenonthescreen AT gmail.com if you have any comments or questions.

P.S. You are right about many of the matches going up in that 5-6 day window, plus many keep going much higher as the days go by.
Witness 1 trading month ago 12/12, VXGN and MNCS are still over 100% each and have never really showed signs of backing down if you look at their charts.
Not to suggest we'd ever hold that long but you never know.

dunamis
18 posts
msg #49282
Ignore dunamis
1/15/2007 9:13:05 PM

Thanks Wallman, I checked through the results - they are amazing... if you have the guts to hold onto a fluctuating stock!

I have emailed you with a couple of questions...

Cheers

Dunamis

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FAST%K - AGAIN<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.