StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Explosion Filter??<< >>Post Follow-up
murknd
62 posts
msg #27435
Ignore murknd
7/17/2003 11:47:25 PM

... well OK maybe not, but this filter (and perhaps a variation or 2) is very close to it. Admittedly it is a variation on BB Squeeze, but I noticed many times right at the squeeze the high is above the UBB and when accompanied by a spike in volume it's not too long thereafter there can be "explosive-type" behavior. I figured the best way to shake it out is to throw it to the "BB squeeze hounds" (I think I'm becoming a convert) and let them chew on it awhile. I've done a fair amount of back testing, but more is definitely prudent. I think one of the keys is the new 30 day BB width low, but you can also get many more matches by deleting this and just modulating the BB width. I think coupled with some rigorous trailing stop discipline (and of course the usual dose of patience) it may be a very powerful filter - but I leave that assessmnet to the judgement of the SF community - to whom I tip my hat for the significant amount of learning over the last few weeks.

Anyway .. have at it ... let me know if you have any questions about varations - I've tried many.

.. and FYI - I think the average volume(90) <25000 is important because many times these "sleeper" stocks don't have much more volume - try even 10K.

D

P.S. I WILL claim authorship on this one.

Fetcher[bollinger width(20) has reached a new 1 month low and bollinger width(20) is below 0.16 and high is above upper bollinger band(20) and low is above lower bollinger band(20) and volume has gained more than 80% over the last 1 day and close is between 0.1 and 10 and average volume(90) is above 25000]

murknd
62 posts
msg #27436
Ignore murknd
7/17/2003 11:49:32 PM

..whoops - ater all that careful editing

... I mean >25000 in my comment about volume.

D

todddunning
31 posts
msg #27438
Ignore todddunning
7/18/2003 2:22:38 PM

Interesting Murknd. This past week my squeezes all stopped out; a bear week really kills these off. HOWEVER....

My concern about the squeeze filters we've seen here is they are generally too late. I will carefully watch yours because it looks nice and early - could be a contender.

jim_c_hill
61 posts
msg #27439
Ignore jim_c_hill
7/18/2003 4:21:14 PM

I generally find BB based explorations do not do well in bear markets or in short term down drafts. If you use BB filters you need tight stops in case the bear comes.
JH

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Explosion Filter??<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.