StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can You Make This?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #151710
Ignore shillllihs
modified
4/4/2020 6:54:31 PM

That's it. I layered Velocity expansion close on that but not sure if that's needed. I liked how they worked in synergistically. So let's say if you were short Tqqq and that's a red arrow is pointing down on the velocity expansion close you would jump on it early in the shop so trends or if the red arrow is proceeding it he would also jump in short, you would temporarily bail your position if it said buy within that Chopzone. And if the trend changed and the red arrow came back again you would just reenter short.
Maybe it's no better than the other good system, but it would be fun to see if a good enter exit strategy could be made. Might need tweaking but honestly I don't think there's that much more to learn, we've done pretty well and I don't think there's many improvements to be made wth any systems unfortunately.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151713
Ignore xarlor
modified
4/4/2020 8:52:20 PM

I replicated ChopZone here on SF. The only caveat is you don't get the multiple color gradients. On SF it's either LONG (turquoise) or SHORT (dark red).

Are you talking about "Volty Expan Close Strategy" indicator? If so that's Volatility Expansion Close Strategy. I was chasing my tail trying to find a velocity expansion indicator :Þ

I must say, I love how early this indicator got you out of both Oct 2018 and Feb 2020 and kept you on the short side during the ride down. It wasn't as effective during the 2008 collapse since it was such a long bleed. It did get you out early, but then took you on a choppy ride the rest of the way.

Pretty solid indicator. Thanks for turning me on to it.

Fetcher[
chart-time is 1 year
symlist(spy)

set{hlc3a,high + low}
set{hlc3b,hlc3a + close}
set{hlc3,hlc3b / 3}

set{number1,1}
set{pi,atan(number1) * 4}

set{h30,high 30-day high}
set{l30,low 30-day low}
set{range1,h30 - l30}
set{range2,range1 * l30}
set{range,25 / range2}

set{x1_ema34,0}
set{x2_ema34,1}
set{y1_ema34,0}
set{y2a,ema(34) 1 day ago - ema(34)}
set{y2b,hlc3 * range}
set{y2_ema34,y2a / y2b}

set{c1a,x2_ema34 - x1_ema34}
set{c1b,x2_ema34 - x1_ema34}
set{c1c,y2_ema34 - y1_ema34}
set{c1d,y2_ema34 - y1_ema34}
set{c1e,c1a * c1b}
set{c1f,c1c * c1d}
set{c1g,c1e + c1f}
set{c_ema34,sqrt(c1g)}

set{emaAngle1,x2_ema34 - x1_ema34}
set{emaAngle2,emaAngle1 / c_ema34}
set{emaAngle3,emaAngle2 / pi}
set{emaAngle4,acos(emaAngle3)}
set{emaAngle5,180 * emaAngle4}
set{emaAngle_1,round(emaAngle5)}

set{emaAngle6,count(y2_ema34 > 0,1)}
set{emaAngle7,count(y2_ema34 < 0,1)}
set{emaAngle8,emaAngle7 - emaAngle6}
set{emaAngle,emaAngle8 * emaAngle_1}

set{LONG,count(emaAngle > 5,1)}
set{SHORT,count(emaAngle < -5,1)}

LONG > -1
SHORT > -1

draw emaAngle
draw emaAngle line at 5
draw emaAngle line at -5

/* Debugger
add column hlc3
add column pi
add column range
add column y2_ema34
add column c_ema34
add column emaAngle_1
add column emaAngle6
add column emaAngle8
add column emaAngle
*/
]

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #151714
Ignore shillllihs
modified
4/4/2020 9:22:16 PM

Hey it's so cool that you did this, thanx. I think I have to upgrade otherwise I can't view this, nothing for the cheap seats really appreciate it.

Yes that's at the volatility expansion close do you think adding it would be beneficial or not?

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151717
Ignore xarlor
4/5/2020 12:30:59 AM

Using the default values produces too much noise for my liking and doesn't correlate at all with the ChopZone. However, changing the Length=5 and numATRs=1.5 gives some excellent entry points. It gets you in one or two bars before the ChopZone reverses the trend. Of course there are a few false positives, but those could easily be exited when you don't receive ChopZone confirmation within 2 bars.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #151739
Ignore shillllihs
4/5/2020 4:14:48 PM

Thanx, still debating if the addition of the volatility is helpful or a hindrance as you kind of have to do acrobatics to get in and out.
Can you make a does not exceed requirements version? If not it's ok, just can't see results.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151743
Ignore xarlor
4/5/2020 8:06:01 PM

Personally, I can't. I got the advanced sub to be able to make these complex filters, but maybe someone can make a basic version. I ran TQQQ through the filter for you so you can see the chart:

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #151746
Ignore shillllihs
4/5/2020 8:33:13 PM

Thank you for your work, much appreciated.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can You Make This?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.