StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Basic Filter for newbies and old pros...<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
mgazda
13 posts
msg #36752
Ignore mgazda
7/6/2005 4:46:32 PM

This "Basic Filter" is a simply stunning display of what trading and brainpower, when put together, can accomplish.

Truly a great "screen". No question. Saves hours of data filtering. Perfect.

Adding to my arsenal of Muddy RSI(2) screens. Keep up the good and tireless work you have given us.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36922
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/14/2005 9:09:35 AM

It's funny that a few people complained I was SPAMMING StockFetcher with my BASIC FILTER.

When I first joined, I didn't know how to use SF. I had to ask for help. People helped me. Now, it's my turn to pay it back and pay it forward.

I wish the BASIC FILTER existed back then because it would have saved me so much time.

Of course, many of the features in the BASIC FILTER weren't available when I started. So think how much harder it is for the new person to learn.

Many of the techniques used in the STOCK DASHBOARD DISPLAY (formally called BASIC FILTER) took me awhile to perfect. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I still learn from others who have posted and when I do, I enhance the DASHBOARD and post it for all to use.

I use the DASHBOARD when I answer questions because a new person may not see it otherwise.

So I think the complainers need to rethink their position and be a little more considerate of others.

CLICK ON THE MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON to the left of Fetcher:

Fetcher[
/* your filter code goes below this line */

sort column 5 descending

/* STOCK DASHBOARD DISPLAY for newbies and old pros */

set{E36b,days(ema(3) is above ema(6),100)}
set{E36a,days(ema(3) is below ema(6),100)}
set{E3xE6, E36a - E36b}

set{E50200b,days(ma(50) is above ma(200),100)}
set{E50200a,days(ma(50) is below ma(200),100)}
set{M50xM200, E50200a - E50200b}

set{E1326b,days(ema(13) is above ema(26),100)}
set{E1326a,days(ema(13) is below ema(26),100)}
set{E13xE26, E1326a - E1326b}

set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CxC, CCa - CCb}

set{E5b,days(close is above ema(5),100)}
set{E5a,days(close is below ema(5),100)}
set{CxE5, E5a - E5b}

set{E50b,days(close is above ma(50),100)}
set{E50a,days(close is below ma(50),100)}
set{CxM50, E50a - E50b}

set{E200b,days(close is above ma(200),100)}
set{E200a,days(close is below ma(200),100)}
set{CxM200, E200a - E200b}

set{T10, count(10 day slope of the close above 0,1)}
set{T60, count(60 day slope of the close above 0,1)}
set{T200, count(200 day slope of the close above 0,1)}

Set{a1, T200 * 1}
Set{a2, T60 * 10}
Set{a3, T10 * 100}

Set{aa, a1 + a2}
Set{TREND, aa + a3}

set{v, volume 1 day ago}
set{volinc, volume - v}
set{volpc, volinc / v}
set{volpct, volpc * 100}

set{VolZ, days(volume < 1,100)}
set{VolUp, days(volume is below volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolDn, days(volume is above volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolCnt, VolUp - VolDn}

set{vck1, volume 1 day ago }
set{vck, volume / vck1 }
set{vdbl, days(vck < 2, 100)}

set{PARBuy, count(close crossed above Parabolic SAR, 5) }
set{DMIBuy, count( di(14) Difference crossed above 0 , 5) }
set{DMIBuyX, count( di(14) Difference above 0 , 1) }

set{PARSell, count(close crossed below Parabolic SAR, 5) }
set{DMISell, count( di(14) Difference crossed below 0, 5) }
set{DMISellX, count( di(14) Difference below 0, 1) }

set{PARSBuy1, PARBuy * DMIBuy}
set{PARSBuy, PARSBuy1 * DMIBuyX}

set{PARSSell1, PARSell * DMISell}
set{PARSSell, PARSSell1 * DMISellX}

set{PARSTrade, PARSBuy + PARSSell}

set{HiOp, high - open}

set{WRb,days(Williams %R(10) is above Williams %R(10) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WRa,days(Williams %R(10) is below Williams %R(10) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WRxWR, WRa - WRb}

and add column VolCnt
and add column Vdbl
and add column volpct

and add column HiOp
and add column Trend

and add column CxC {CxC_}
and add column CxE5 {CxE5}

and add column E3xE6 {E3xE6}
and add column E13xE26 {E13xE26}

and add column CxM50
and add column CxM200
and add column M50xM200

add column rsi(2)
add column weekly rsi(2)

add column PARSBuy
add column PARSSell

add column WRxWR

and draw RSI(2)
and draw ema(5)

and draw Williams %R(10)

and draw Parabolic SAR
and draw +di(14)

and draw -di(14)
and draw adx(14)
and draw di(14) difference

]

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

frogger
3 posts
msg #36924
Ignore frogger
7/14/2005 9:32:02 AM

Rump -

I think everyone appreciates your DASHBOARD but it seems unnecessary and you lost any real message in all of that noise! If I were to ask for a basic sceen for a moving average crossover or the like and saw the DASHBOARD come back... its on to the next message for me.

In no way do I question your knowledge or experience, but all of that extra "stuff" is WASTED in each example and something you should keep in your settings and not something to wade through for each of your filters.

Keep it in the settings... that is probably why SF made a settings section?!

Thanks again for all that you do, but maybe post your DASHBOARD to the public filters and point SF users to that for a *great* example of results and chart settings. Otherwise your examples are eating up space for me since I don't want to filter through your redundant settings.

just my .02

- frogger

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36935
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/14/2005 8:00:32 PM

"...but all of that extra "stuff" is WASTED ..."

Each gauge on the dashboard has a purpose for being there.

You can buy a car with "idiot lights" or one with gauges.

Nothing is wasted, IMHO. If just one of the columns alerts you that something isn't quite right and prevents you from entering a losing trade, I would say it's worth having it.

Perhaps some people don't believe in a few of the indicators, they can simply delete the add column line.

If you have noticed, I have been answering questions with a simple filter and also with the dashboard display.

You have to remember, there are probably new people looking each day. Just wanting to make it a bit easier for the next trader.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37236
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/1/2005 11:20:59 PM

POP TO THE TOP.

up-n-up
10 posts
msg #37366
Ignore up-n-up
8/8/2005 6:15:57 PM

TheRumpledOne,
How can I fit it all on one screen without having to scroll from L to R? Also, where is the decoder ring for "E36a", "E5b" and other codes you are using?

I have read through this entire post an most others by you, and I must say that that your contribution plus the responses are very insightful. Though I have not found the Grail yet, I am learning more and getting more positive in my trades. But I must say that this is more like a cockpit than a dashboard...

Up

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37371
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/9/2005 12:59:10 AM

TheRumpledOne,
How can I fit it all on one screen without having to scroll from L to R?

You need a wide screen monitor...lol

Also, where is the decoder ring for "E36a", "E5b" and other codes you are using?

Those are working variables... not displayed.

I have read through this entire post an most others by you, and I must say that that your contribution plus the responses are very insightful. Though I have not found the Grail yet, I am learning more and getting more positive in my trades. But I must say that this is more like a cockpit than a dashboard...

THE GRAIL IS LEARNING HOW TO TRADE AND MANAGE MONEY.

Yes, you're right it is more like a cockpit cause once you learn how to use it your stocks will be taking off like jets!

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #37543
Ignore oldsmar52
8/19/2005 9:41:58 AM

I ran this filter and got 25 matches but when I hit "next" it wouldn't go to the next page. If I hit "add to my filters" it did nothing. Could someone give me some help/advice as to what might be wrong?
Thanks, Frank

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #37544
Ignore oldsmar52
8/19/2005 11:29:00 AM

I got it....finally, to work.

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #37545
Ignore oldsmar52
8/19/2005 1:56:49 PM

This could be a pretty amazing filter Avery! In looking at stocks that doubled in volume yesterday (with their price up), there were 31, and of those 31, 22 were up again today. And there were 17 that had a Parsbuy yesterday, 14 of those were up today. I checked this about 2:00 PM, not at end of day.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Basic Filter for newbies and old pros...<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.